Legacy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legacy Forum

A forum dedicated to the BYOND game Legacy

HomeFFL HUBPortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Suggest a ++Class!

Go down 
+69
Ehergiz
mamading1
pie.
Andruukaze
Mino
Derek
SSCBlaze
CIB
Feneroe
Skydragonknight
Spork
Seraph
Ranylyn
Ducky
Dante
Magus
Tomatosauce
Szenkar
Asherah
Zero Final
dorky106
Kuraude
Riou_Hotaru
DrakeHighlander
Reina
alanai_b
Arten
Fatalfox
Mulcibaer
Kaitetsu
Karnage
Reijea
a
fox
Uzakura
Keggy
Korby
GeminiCross
Timboy09
Jason
Krath
renkozuku
Wyde
Sciath
Aurica7
Wulf
uhfrank
Merrith
Saro
redmoon30
Sderg
Pommm
Draco
Anthony810
Deficit
Terra
C.Niles Oldman
Athomos
Kaido
NeoZeke
atomicwarz
Zhao_Yun
Lilley1593
zeratul ultra
Moonlite
Halkel
Frying Tonight
Harken
Biskey
73 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
a
Dew Drop

Suggest a ++Class! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggest a ++Class!   Suggest a ++Class! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 10:21 pm

Class Name: Ancient Robot
Based On: Machinery and technology of the ancients.
Skills:
- Attack
- Camoflage
- Missle
- Gun
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Ranylyn
Summer Rain
Ranylyn

PostSubject: Class Creation (Details Inside)   Suggest a ++Class! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 9:59 am

So it's well known I'm a massive .hack//G.U. Fan, and I was thinking....

In http://G.U., there were many unique classes, as well as the "Adept rogue." The adept rogue was a multiclass hybrid whose stats were weaker than the specialized classes, but could take up to 2-3 weapon types based on a point system. Basically, they had 4 points, and the various weapon types were divided into 1, 2, and 3 points. (There were only 3 one point weapons, though, so they were limited to 3 weapons) Adept Rogues had standardized stats regardless of if their emphasis was on physical or magical and were generally accepted as weak by those who played "The World R:2" but they were also very versatile and with enough work, could be quite potent (While they'd lose against the same weapon type one on one, they could switch to their second or even third weapon to try to even the odds.) What's worth noting is that the players themselves decided on their weapon selection. The second weapon was unlocked at level 20+, and the third at 50+, if they had points left.

I was wondering if it might be possible to unlock such a customizeable class after all other ++ classes are unlocked, but rather than picking weapon types (vastly affected gameplay in G.U.) you instead unlock battle commands to make a weak yet custom and versatile hybrid class. For example, you could combine Blue with Scorch for Regen + self damaging attacks, or perhaps white + bomb (keep in mind, low stats, bomb wouldn't be as nasty as it is for engineers)

To prevent it from being too weak or broken, I have a few ideas.

1) Make robe-like armor add wisdom and will, and lower the base magic stat of casters slightly to compensate. This would let the custom class use magic on roughly the same level as a hero or black knight, if they elected for robes over heavy armor.

2) Have restrictions on the commands they can learn. For example, jump, throw, etc, would quite frankly be too powerful for solo when they can regen and blink as well. For restricted commands, I'm thinking Prayer, Jump, Throw, Fiend?

Now, I realize that this may very well be impossible to implement, but if it could work, it would really give those who enjoy support classes something to rejoice over, for sure.
Back to top Go down
a
Dew Drop

PostSubject: Re: Suggest a ++Class!   Suggest a ++Class! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 3:45 pm

Class Name: Attorney
Based On: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Skills:
- Attack
- Objection
- Hold It
- Take That

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Ranylyn
Summer Rain
Ranylyn

PostSubject: Re: Suggest a ++Class!   Suggest a ++Class! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 2:05 pm

^ TTTD, that totally made my day. The descriptions of the abilities I mean.
Back to top Go down
pie.
Summer Rain
pie.

PostSubject: Re: Suggest a ++Class!   Suggest a ++Class! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 8:02 pm

Ok, I've got some time to lose and I'm still thinking about a class I thought of so I'll just post this stupid idea I have for now...
Enjoy Very Happy

Pokémon Trainer
Spoiler:

Thanks for reading this **** tongue

Last edited by pie. on Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added another move)
Back to top Go down
mamading1
Dew Drop

PostSubject: Demon Slayer   Suggest a ++Class! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 2:21 pm

Note: This is a serious class and I would really like to see it implemented. Please post any suggestions or comments you have in a reply, or contact me on FFL.

Demon Slayer: Demon slayer is a class that can focus on two major areas: Physical OR Magical offensive. They aren't the best defenders, and no matter which path you take, they will always have a disadvantage.

Skill list:
Spoiler:

Weapons and Armor:
Spoiler:

Starting Stats (+base level increases):
Spoiler:

Advantages v Disadvantages
Spoiler:

Also, please note this is subject to any changes you guys wish to add. Its still technically a WIP. I appreciate all the help and advice on it.

Last edited by mamading1 on Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ehergiz
Dew Drop

PostSubject: Re: Suggest a ++Class!   Suggest a ++Class! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 2:58 pm

Re-edit of the above to make it less crap. FOR THE LULZ.

Demon Slayer:

Skill list:
- Attack

- Silver (offensive white magic) [Light/Shine are multi target, all else are single.]
-- Cleanse (lvl 6. Power: 10. Element: holy.)
-- Spell-bind (lvl 13. Power: 30. Element: Neutral. Has a 10% chance of causing

"Stop")
-- Light (lvl 20. Power: 35. Element: Holy.)
-- Illuminate (lvl 36. Power: 50. Element: Holy.)
-- Shine (Lvl 45. Power: 70. Element: Holy/Fire.)
-- Exorcise (lvl 60. Power: 150. Element: Holy.)
-- White (lvl 70. Power: 180. Element: Holy.)

- Sutra (This skill is like Remember. Each of the sutras deals a different elemental
damage, and is done at random to a targeted enemy.) Physical type, possible wisdom
enhanced. [Power: User's level x 1.4]
-- Force (Neutral. 10% chance of Dispel)
-- Fire (Fire)
-- Earth (Earth, 10% chance to Poison)
-- Wind (Wind)
-- Water (Water)
-- Ice (Ice)
-- Lightning (Bolt)
-- Darkness (Dark)
-- Light (Holy)

Equipment:
Halberds
No shield
Heavy armor, White shirt
Ring options if desired.
Bahamut: Crystal glove, maybe. Chaos shield possibly. (Depends on if you want to give it that. The glove is easily just as acceptable.)
Gilgamesh: Elder.

99 stats: (projected)
70 Strength
65 Agility
80 Vitality
60 Wisdom
70 Will

7645 hp
400 mp

~Vehrn
Back to top Go down
Brandon
Dew Drop

PostSubject: Re: Suggest a ++Class!   Suggest a ++Class! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 11:32 am

summoner/melee class

it would be like a pally only no white, can summon, weilds swords along with staffs/rods, wears most mage clothing, can wear shields. its pretty much a pally with less attack and more magical damage capabilities.

---------------
Attack
Summon

Item
---------------

Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Naruuu
River
Naruuu

PostSubject: Re: Suggest a ++Class!   Suggest a ++Class! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 9:33 pm

uh...a summoner isn't attacking class to start with. so that doesn't really make sense.
Back to top Go down
klo07
Dew Drop

PostSubject: Re: Suggest a ++Class!   Suggest a ++Class! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 9:06 pm

Class: Space Captain

Menu:
Attack
Ray Gun: Shoots an enemy with a gun. (The damage is based on wisdom)
Black Magic (same as in-game)
Machine: Uses a machine to inflict damage. (This would be a summon skill)

Machine skills:
Laser Katana: Slashes an enemy with a laser blade. (Physical, Level 3, 0 mp)
Laser Disk: Throws a disk at an enemy. (Physical, Level 7, 0 mp)
Laser Cannon: Shoot enemies with a random elemental beam. (Magical, Random element, Level 19, 15 mp)
Hyper Particle Cannon: Blast enemies with a massive beam. (Magical, Level 30, 25 mp)
Sonic Blaster: Emits powerful waves that damages enemies. (Magical, Wind damage, Causes Confusion, level 47, 45 mp)
Nanobit Injection: Injects recovery machines into an ally(s) body. (Causes regen and mana, level 60, 35 mp)
Satellite: Controls a satellite to damage all enemies. (Magical, Level 75, 100 mp)

Beginning stats:
Hp: 65
Mp: 10
Strength: 3
Agility: 3
Vitality: 2
Wisdom: 4
Will: 1

Equipment:
Robes or light armor
Staff or bows

Space Hero:

Menu:
Attack
Heroics (like dance)
Cover

Heroics:
Smile (causes regeneration, mana)
Pose (causes haste, shell and protect)
Words (causes strengthen and berserk)
Courage (causes reflect and blink)
Dramatic Entrance (causes all buffs and has a chance to stop enemies)
Last resort (takes all but 1 hp and uses it to damage enemies (times 2 damage))
Failure (does nothing)

Beginning stats:
Hp: 97
Mp: 0
Strength: 5
Agility: 3
Vitality: 4
Wisdom: 1
Will: 1

Equipment:
Heavy armor and light armor
Swords
Back to top Go down
Ranylyn
Summer Rain
Ranylyn

PostSubject: Re: Suggest a ++Class!   Suggest a ++Class! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 1:22 pm

Know what FFL needs? A dedicated axe class. Yeah, Dark Knights and Paladins use axes for a good chunk of the game, but axes always get dropped to the sidelines in the end, in favor of swords.

Based loosely off of Kaeli from Mystic Quest.

Class Name: Undecided (Something forest related, but "Lumberjack" is kind of lame, and "Woodsman" seems a tad off. I dunno. To be decided on at a later date.

Equipment: Axes, Light helmets (Leather, Gaea, Ribbon, etc) Heavy armor, rings.

Attack
Green
Item

Green Magic is a forest-themed set. While the original Kaeli had Life and Aero, I decided to replace Aero with a more supportive spell list, focusing instead on the attack power of physical attacks with magic as a utility. Here are a few examples. If this class actually goes anywhere, I can provide a better and well rounded skill list. As of yet I don't know if this spell list should use MP, given how part of it resembles sing....

Snare - Vines and thorns ensnare one enemy. Slow with a low (2%) chance to inflict stop
Treebark - Protect on self.
Breath - The forest's life reanimates one ally. Basically the life spell
Bond - Rooting herself firmly, her bond with the forest empowers her. Regen effect.
Timber - A double edged slash, dealing damage to the user as well.
Back to top Go down
Almost Blue
Small Stream
Almost Blue

PostSubject: Re: Suggest a ++Class!   Suggest a ++Class! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 3:53 am

Ranylyn wrote:
Know what FFL needs? A dedicated axe class. Yeah, Dark Knights and Paladins use axes for a good chunk of the game, but axes always get dropped to the sidelines in the end, in favor of swords.

Based loosely off of Kaeli from Mystic Quest.

Class Name: Undecided (Something forest related, but "Lumberjack" is kind of lame, and "Woodsman" seems a tad off. I dunno. To be decided on at a later date.

Equipment: Axes, Light helmets (Leather, Gaea, Ribbon, etc) Heavy armor, rings.

Attack
Green
Item

Green Magic is a forest-themed set. While the original Kaeli had Life and Aero, I decided to replace Aero with a more supportive spell list, focusing instead on the attack power of physical attacks with magic as a utility. Here are a few examples. If this class actually goes anywhere, I can provide a better and well rounded skill list. As of yet I don't know if this spell list should use MP, given how part of it resembles sing....

Snare - Vines and thorns ensnare one enemy. Slow with a low (2%) chance to inflict stop
Treebark - Protect on self.
Breath - The forest's life reanimates one ally. Basically the life spell
Bond - Rooting herself firmly, her bond with the forest empowers her. Regen effect.
Timber - A double edged slash, dealing damage to the user as well.

That idea kinda reminds me of a wood-dedicated Geomancer, from FFT~
Could just make a Geomancer class with Axe's and whatnot~ with a handful of elemental/status inflicting attacks.
Back to top Go down
Ranylyn
Summer Rain
Ranylyn

PostSubject: Re: Suggest a ++Class!   Suggest a ++Class! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 5:14 am

That's actually probably a better idea, since Geomancers are an existing Ff class anyways
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggest a ++Class!   Suggest a ++Class! - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suggest a ++Class!
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7