Legacy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legacy Forum

A forum dedicated to the BYOND game Legacy

HomeFFL HUBPortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Suggest an Enemy

Go down 
+17
Andruukaze
Raikou_Gilgamesh
Rizz
fox
alanai_b
Uzakura
Kaitetsu
Szenkar
Karnage
Guylock
GeminiCross
Terra
Deficit
Maru
C.Niles Oldman
Halkel
Munkers
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sudzzuds
Small Stream
Sudzzuds

Suggest an Enemy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggest an Enemy   Suggest an Enemy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 2:46 am

Raikou_Gilgamesh wrote:
So, I recently had three ideas for bosses.

Three: The main characters from FF4
Yes, thats right, the main characters, our classes, from FF4. One on one? Nooo, that'd be too easy. I'm thinking two battles, one right after another, with 5 enemies. Team 1: Palom, Porom, Yang, Edward, and Cid. Palom and Porom could be using twin magic, or their own magic to heal/damage, Yang would be the main physical attacker to worry about, Edward buffs, and Cid does slow, but super damage. The second team would be, of course, Cecil, Kain, Rosa, Rydia, and Edge. Cecil would guard and attack, Kain should, of course, jump spam, Rosa would heal a lot, Rydia should use either Meteor, Flare, or Megaflare (Bahamut) and Edge should throw shurikens, use ninjutsu, or just use regular attacks.

Those are my ideas, hope you like them.

Actually like this idea - it's kinda like when Cecil (and Kain) have to fight their dark sides. It'll be enjoyable as a secret boss - maybe after archi? Treat it as the ULTIMATE test before being able to "graduate" Razz
Back to top Go down
chibbix
Dew Drop

PostSubject: Re: Suggest an Enemy   Suggest an Enemy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 9:42 am

Rai and Uza's are epic I was thinking about Irwin from legend of mana (both forms) or possibly lavos from chrono trigger and mabey since were on the topic of 3 person bosses how about hawkeye kevin and charlie from seiken densetsu 3? Just tossin in some ideas from a couple favorites ^_^...
Back to top Go down
otacon_majere
River
otacon_majere

PostSubject: Re: Suggest an Enemy   Suggest an Enemy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 8:19 am

i actually like rai's idea of the original FF4 cast as a boss fight. that would be very entertaining and challenging to boot. especially since they wont have our amount of life. so yeah....get to work! j/k XD
Back to top Go down
http://thefinalaeon.conforums.com
pie.
Summer Rain
pie.

PostSubject: Re: Suggest an Enemy   Suggest an Enemy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 8:09 pm

Raikou_Gilgamesh wrote:
So, I recently had three ideas for bosses.

One: Mega Malboro
It's a boss that, unique so far to FFL, attacks with status effects. Poison, Hold, Countdown, Silence, Blind, etc. I know most of them work on players well, so why not impliment them? I think it would be a fun boss to try and kill.

Two: Lunar Summons
Yes, like from FF4: Advance. Each summon uses their main element to attack with, and even though its magic, since their summons, it shouldn't be affected by things like reflect, or blink in some cases like Titan, if he gets physical attacks.

Three: The main characters from FF4
Yes, thats right, the main characters, our classes, from FF4. One on one? Nooo, that'd be too easy. I'm thinking two battles, one right after another, with 5 enemies. Team 1: Palom, Porom, Yang, Edward, and Cid. Palom and Porom could be using twin magic, or their own magic to heal/damage, Yang would be the main physical attacker to worry about, Edward buffs, and Cid does slow, but super damage. The second team would be, of course, Cecil, Kain, Rosa, Rydia, and Edge. Cecil would guard and attack, Kain should, of course, jump spam, Rosa would heal a lot, Rydia should use either Meteor, Flare, or Megaflare (Bahamut) and Edge should throw shurikens, use ninjutsu, or just use regular attacks.

Those are my ideas, hope you like them.

Sorry to get that all that back in a quote...

1. Ribbon would negate a lot of statuses (if it does <.<) and remove a lot of challenge of the boss. Bad Breath(the malboros original attack) should be damaging as well as doing status problems then. Some other damaging attacks sould be added as well. Also, there's no way it would be soloable, so it would be good for that aspect since FFL is a game that is more party-related than solo.

Another suggestion for this boss: A lot of Sylvan cave is useless if you know the way to Calbrena directly, if this boss would go in the game, I suggest the place where there are a bunch of chests that were filled with monsters in FF4.

2. I just saw the screenshots of people finding the lunar face. Good job, people. These boss would be great for a final solo challenge (yeah I know FFL is party-related) for every different class, that would be fun. All the bosses could give a super equip (not alwys a weapon since gilga does that to almost every class and we have the crystal weapons).

3. This one is to great to criticize...
Those bosses could go where the face is, too.

Thanks for reading
Back to top Go down
Raikou_Gilgamesh
River
Raikou_Gilgamesh

PostSubject: Re: Suggest an Enemy   Suggest an Enemy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 12:55 am

Well, Pie, Ribbon does NOT negate status effects. I tested this by getting hit with BK's Hades and AC's Anima multiple times. So the MAlboro thing would be a great idea. And the reason those two bosses are so tough IS to make you use parties, instead of soloing.
Back to top Go down
pie.
Summer Rain
pie.

PostSubject: Re: Suggest an Enemy   Suggest an Enemy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 4:16 am

Raikou_Gilgamesh wrote:
Well, Pie, Ribbon does NOT negate status effects. I tested this by getting hit with BK's Hades and AC's Anima multiple times. So the MAlboro thing would be a great idea. And the reason those two bosses are so tough IS to make you use parties, instead of soloing.

It doesn't? Darn me...

I guess next time, I'll need to test things and search for more information before stating my opinion...

That means all I wrote was useless then.
I'm sad now.
Back to top Go down
Uzakura
Summer Rain
Uzakura

PostSubject: Re: Suggest an Enemy   Suggest an Enemy - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 4:11 pm

Hum. Wow, it's been a while since anyone posted a new enemy to fight on FFL...Well, to get us started again, how about I suggest one? (again)

The fight Cecil has in FF4 against his mirror reflection is sorely missed on FFL...Well, I digress that you couldn't have it work in the same way as it did on FF4, since...well...

...I don't believe it's my place to say what does what, but what if we made it a required/optional boss in the same place where it takes place? And, add features to make it even more interesting.

Most of us remember how this fight played out on the original FF4. The mirror "Cecil" would primarily just use DWave (or Darkness/Attack in the DS version). Due to the fact that the real Cecil had recently class changed to a Paladin, he had White Magic, Defend/Parry, and whatever items he may have possessed, the mirror Cecil pretty much offed himself for the majority of the fight.

In FFL, we cannot change classes as a character like Cecil had done, so I believe the fight should be redone so that the other "you" would use a variety of attacks, and if you brought friends, more mirror reflections would appear to balance out the party.

Alright. Let's make an example. A Dark Knight, a Young Caller, and a Ninja challenge the NPC, then start the fight. There would be an identical set for each character, so you'd see a DK, a YC, and a Ninja on both sides. All confusion aside, the copies should be point-for-point copies of their original. Same stats, same health, same gear. (Hell, if you could, I'd make it so they'd have the same icons and names as the players, too!)

Now, I suppose part of the problem is accomodating all of the classes to make it so that it's an exact copy. I'll present some ideas about what each version would do, but beyond that, I'm open to ideas or constuctive criticism.

Spoiler:

Um...well, I guess that's it in a nutshell...yup.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggest an Enemy   Suggest an Enemy - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suggest an Enemy
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2