Legacy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legacy Forum

A forum dedicated to the BYOND game Legacy

HomeFFL HUBPortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

White Knights

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ranylyn
Summer Rain
Ranylyn

White Knights Empty
PostSubject: White Knights   White Knights I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 6:53 am

The more I try to wrap my head around it, the worse it gets.

- Lower offense and healing abilities than a paladin. Paladins weren't great to begin with.
- CoverAll didn't work, so it was downgraded to cover.
- Mana Spring now only affects the WK, while LKs and ACs have full party versions.
- Low MP makes Mana Spring pretty bad. Given the supposed tankiness of the class, you'd think "free healing" but....
- Defense may be high, but not high enough that it's worth taking 10x longer to kill things if it means taking less damage per hit since you're taking 10x the hits.

For example. I needed to multikey just to get a WK to Kaipo. Could not survive a single desert fight. Mana Spring didn't keep up with the MP from Cure, Cure didn't keep up with the HP loss from not killing things in under 3 hits, and you get the idea.

It's undeniable that something needs to be done about it. Whether it be a boost to MP and Will, a better spell selection (like full white) or bows for back row (they can buy arrows or not bows) or... or SOMETHING!
Back to top Go down
Szenkar
River
Szenkar

White Knights Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Knights   White Knights I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 6:41 am

Otacon's level 99 White Knight has less defense than my 99 Paladin, Dragoon and Dark Knight. It doesn't even seem like the WK's defense is that good, either.
Back to top Go down
ThePud
Dew Drop

White Knights Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Knights   White Knights I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 7:04 pm

I think that the real difference was when WK had the Holy Sword abilities - it made him really more of an offensive machine than the paladin. I understand that those abilities have been retooled, but what about sort of, returning to his roots? Making him a more offensive version of the paladin?

What about a will or STR based elemental attack skillset? Or a spell set that puts up defenses against certain elements? That's more defensive, but it's different.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

White Knights Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Knights   White Knights I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

White Knights
Page 1 of 1