Legacy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legacy Forum

A forum dedicated to the BYOND game Legacy

HomeFFL HUBPortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

FFL, the next chapter.

Go down 
+4
Wyde
Myrmidon13
Azzarartow
Reina
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Fatalfox
Small Stream

FFL, the next chapter. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FFL, the next chapter.   FFL, the next chapter. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 2:08 am

Sara stared at the strange man in the robe and the army in front of him from the back of the group. Why did the army stop who is this man something doesn't feel right she thought. Is this man dangerous crossed Sara's mind but what matters most is who's side he was on my the spirits help us if he is our enemy...
Back to top Go down
Wyde
Small Stream
Wyde

PostSubject: Re: FFL, the next chapter.   FFL, the next chapter. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 11:29 am

A doorway came in view just in time for Eoin to glimpse the final blow against the Chimera, and immediately motioned all to back away just behind another building to keep out of sight. The warlock winced frightfully on seeing the warrior trampled under the beast's weight from the corner of his eye. "Check if the monster is fallen," commanded the captain. Eoin peeked out once again, squinting through the rain. He was just about able to make out a very lifeless monstrosity, but just under it a soon not-so-motionless female warrior, her upper body squirming a little under its weight. Wake peeked out just above Eoin's own head to make his own judgments on what to do next. Once again she stopped moving, and so he made another command.

"Confirm elimination of the woman."

You underhanded fiend, Eoin wished to complain at first, but for his own benefit he kept his body frozen and his lips sealed shut. It was here the warlock was beginning t feel his respect for the war efforts truly decline, if not for witnessing many slayings under Baron's blades already. Why then, if his moral compass was so well maintained, had he fleetingly considered a similar course of action around the same time? Was his soul slowly turning inside-out at the mercy of the battlefield?

Chiseler, likely the healthiest among the team, was the first to motion with a nod and was about to silently slink over to the huge corpse. Eoin's skin suddenly began to tingle with heat however, like it had been as the team passed by mages engaged in combat some time before. "Get back, get back!" Eoin hoarsely hissed. "She's conscious and casting something!" The soldier looked back to the grubby mage with a quizzical expression on his face, only to jump when a sharp beam of light pierced the corner of his eye. He came running back to the corner the band hid behind as Alba's incantation reversed most of her wounds with an impressive aura. They watched as she also managed to pull herself free of the Chimera's weight. Eoin nearly dared to pray that she did not glimpse their prying eyes lest she cut them down, instead clutching the ground for some much needed personal reassurance.

The team watched as Alba disappeared behind the doorway, as if trying to follow someone. They agreed that carefully trailing the strong paladin may prove to be a lead towards their new destination. Moving along far stealthier than usual, largely in fear of a potentially morbid confrontation, they proved to be another cart in the train heading for the palace.
Back to top Go down
Reina
Summer Rain
Reina

PostSubject: Re: FFL, the next chapter.   FFL, the next chapter. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 6:11 pm

The trio continued to look out into the courtyard, as the verbal exchange continued.
You won't get anything done by-
Silence!... Cuff him... and hold his tongue. I'll hear no more nonsense from this one today.
You are only making it wors-
I said quiet! We are in control now and if-
Control? Ha! You have no ide-
I don't care what you think!... I've heard enough, kill him.
The men readied their bows, and unleashed a volley into the man, which sent him falling, he collided with the ground in a heavy thud.
See that? He was mere mortal like we! What were you afraid of? Hm?
But everyone felt something... A strong presence. A gust of wind blew by and moved quite independently of the wind of the storm, it blew and encircled the soldiers, twisting them around, and it shot up to the balcony too, and blew Hal backwards, and encircled Reina for a moment. It then rushed back to the courtyard, and stopped in the center. A few seconds later, several huge jolts of lightning jetted down from the skies and a tornado formed in place. Many of the soldiers fled, and many who remained lost their weapons to the massive storm. Reina and Hal clutched onto the marble railings looking into the balcony, as they would be pulled in if they hadn't.
The tornado slowed down, and a man with long silvery hair stood in the center of where the tornado was. He had silvery eyes, and golden armor, lined with silver. His white cape fluttered in the wind, regardless of the heavy rain. He had on his back a large wind elemental spear. He was shrugging and shaking his head slowly.

Really now... THIS is why you called us Rhyuthen?
His voice was confident and gave of a feel that said he had a condescending nature. Then a voice spoke out, the voice of the now supposedly dead Rhyuthen. The creepy part was.... it wasn't coming from his body. More like, it was all around them.
I couldn't handle that many alone, but I have the militia.... but no I really called all four of you to demonstrate our power. These seem to believe they can take our land.
Oh? Is that so?... Well good thing you called me then.
The man's ego was larger than his tornado by the sound of it. But this wasn't to be the last one, no there were more. The remaining troops began to flee, about 50 of them. The commander remained steady and stared them down. Before the soldiers could escape however, the earth came up around every entrance, huge stones that it would take hundreds to lift were put into place in mere seconds. The soldiers down below were trapped. And only half had their weapons anymore.
It wasn't over, the rain began to pour even more harshly, to the point where some of the soldiers couldn't breathe. A woman leapt out from the far side of the balcony, and walked into the center. Her motions were very fluid, as would be expected of the water elemental lord. Her lengthy blue hair reached to her knees at longest. She had on her side a blade known as icebrand, but it looked like a fresh blade, meaning she likely didn't use it. Her twisted grin was enough to tell exactly what kind of person she was, she began to torture the soldiers with her water spells. Slowly, they would die, and know her wrath. But before she could kill many, the wind lord came up to her back, and pushed her.

Kaith... KAITH!
What?!
Leave them alone. We need survivors to tell the tale.
Rrrrgh.... Fine!
She stopped the spell, and the soldiers began to pant for their lives, many were on the brink of drowning. She turned away from the wind lord and began to pout.
Don't take it like that! You know we're just-
Whatever!....
Can we get on with this? Or shall I get you two a room?...
..... Thank you.
And behold our leader's strength.

Some of the remaining soldiers grabbed their weapons and charged the elemental lords, but were quickly halted by a massive wall of fire that appeared from nowhere, and would even sustain in the rain.
Ah good, right on time!
A fourth figure appeared, this one wrapped in red chainmail and a long orange cape. Her shoulder-length red hair seemed to glow itself, and she drew her weapons all being fire oriented. One flametongue blade, a flare shield, a red bow on her back, and on her right leg was a dagger that was shaped, and looked, like a flame at the end of a candle.
How pathetic... these are not worth our time... I thought you brought an army to us, not a scouting party.
The commander had enough, he pulled out his staff and motioned for his remaining troops to attack. They all rushed the EL, and the commander threw a thundaga so large, it blinded everyone in the courtyard, and even on the balcony. It didn't miss either. The bolt collided with the flame lord.
Aghhhhhh!
It had actually sent her backwards, and onto the ground. This brought the full attention of the EL, and after a huge boulder shot up and knocked the soldiers out of the way, the wind lord rushed in and cleaved through the commander in a single blow from his wind spear. the mage gasped and fell over, and bled to death.
Are you alright?
The earth came up in a mound by the flame lord and began to mold into a person.... It was Rhyuthen, apparently not dead after all.
I'm okay.... just a bit shaken.... it's been a long time since someone with real power managed to touch me...
The trio watching from above stood rooted to the spot, unable to move do to fear, and curiosity.
Back to top Go down
CIB
River
CIB

PostSubject: Re: FFL, the next chapter.   FFL, the next chapter. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 2:18 am

When she had reached the top of the stairs, Alba was looking on another path leading through the castle walls. On one side, instead of a wall there was a balcony, where she could see three familiar people. They seemed to be looking at something in the courtyard, the expressions on their faces varying between fear and curiosity. They were clutching to the handrail, apparently fighting a strong wind.

Alba walked next to them and looked over the railing into the courtyard, which presented her with a terrifying image. A few dozen soldiers were being knocked around between a wild tornado, heavy rain and large boulders. Two humans caught her eye, one of them dressed in golden and silver clothes, the other with long blue hair. On the other side of the courtyard there was a mage whom she could identify as the commander of the siege.

The soldiers were about to start an attack on the two suspicious humans, when suddenly flames appeared and blocked off their way. A third defender seemed to be entering the stage, a woman dressed all in red. Alba didn't want to waste time. She turned around to the two humans and the fox and tried to get their attention, but she was interrupted by a loud bang and a flash of dazzling light that robbed her eyesight for a few moments.
Back to top Go down
Myrmidon13
River
Myrmidon13

PostSubject: Re: FFL, the next chapter.   FFL, the next chapter. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 8:26 am

The fox gazed at the four people, whom each had a different color, mainly representing their attributes. He gazed in awe at them, planting his claws in the handrail.
*Ju....Just what are they? They posses... abilities... that no human could have... but look like them too... This is getting weirder... and this stench... they all seem to make a great quantity of it... including the squad leader, less, but I can smell it... What is even weirder, is that the stench differs greatly from the four down there... The one called..Rhyuthen... has a... calming smell, enjoyable even... Mr. ego there, plated in gold, smells... a mixture of sweet and bitter? The blue woman is pretty scary without smelling, but i smell a heavy scent, the total contrary to Rhyuthen... She is an odd one, compared to the red one... Oh.. I smell... fire? burnt? smoke? They seem like they are the kind of people you don't want to argue with... They are... as amazing as they are.... powerful.* Thought the fox, still tightly gripping the handrail with his claws. He was impressed, almost like a little child who explores a forest in his backyard... That wind coming out of no-where, the water being formed by somekind of trick, and the fire looked real, but in this pouring rain? Urran came up with so many questions, that he didn't know if he even should ask them... He was so busy thinking that he had forgotten why he was there in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Wyde
Small Stream
Wyde

PostSubject: Re: FFL, the next chapter.   FFL, the next chapter. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 9:59 pm

On approaching the bottom of the staircase the team had witnessed the paladin follow, gusts could be felt on the backs of their necks and the ground felt more and more restless. Eoin gradually felt the pores of his skin pang with something akin to a burning sensation. It was not a sensing of energy that made the wizard feel pain, but it made him grow ever more fearful of setting another foot further. The feeling had never been quite so immense before...what could possibly boast such immense power to unsettle him so?

Turning their eyes to one of the courtyard entrances, they were able to make out the source of the gale through the distant opening; dust enveloping the air was robbing Baron soldiers of their arms. They were even able to make out some of the soldiers soon trying to flee in their direction, clearly spooked from the phenomenon; a clear view of their expressions was not necessary. Before anyone had a chance to distinguish any of them however, a mound of earth suddenly rose up to seal that opening. The investigation force's own allies were suddenly trapped, and all that could be heard behind the slab was loud, harrowing rumbles that could even be felt from where they stood.

Their feet did not remain planted by the stairway for very long. Some time between witnessing the sealing fates of their own forces and the first step in the opposite direction, there was some kind of silent mutual agreement on where to absolutely not venture if they valued their lives, and consequently their mission. Any doubt about the reality of the Elemental Lords was crushed, even if they did not witness their forms first hand. There simply was not any group of beings they could assess as being capable of the vibrations under their soles. The longer they stayed inside the castle walls, the less likely escaping the lords' wrath would become once they had finished with the troops. Deeming the situation hopeless, with no chance of aiding their own men, the captain had no need indicate the necessity of a speedy flight. Eoin could only pray their escape back to the doorway was not met with the same, menacing, and very solid denial.
Back to top Go down
Reina
Summer Rain
Reina

PostSubject: Re: FFL, the next chapter.   FFL, the next chapter. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 11:24 pm

The trio stood in awe of all that had happened. The field was bloody, the rain heavy, and the stench of magic stronger than Reina had ever smelt it before. Slowly in the court, the fire lord began to get up.
This rain.... It is a hindrance to my power....
Hate to bug ya but.... We still have those onlookers....
You said one was a rebel right? Aren't they on our side?
No... they have nothing to do with our cause. But they may yet prove useful...
What did you... nngh.... have in mind?
We need survivors to spread the story... That one is a well known information gatherer outside of baron. He will certainly spread news of us.
Oh great, publicity, finally.
....Well as long as we.... hey... look.

The man pointed out that a few soldiers were still alive, and stirring even. One began to wander to a door on the inner court, as though unaware of the ELs presence. He was likely dazed from it all.
We have them... and we still have the hoards of troops outside.....
They are of no threat..... Allow me.
The great boulders dropped, and troops began to pour in at the behest of their varying commanders and like leaders. Each of the ELs eyes darted around them as arrows began to fly at them. The wind EL knocking the bolts away with his magic.
You said you had a plan right? Well do it before I fall asleep here.
Heheheh. One soldier soup coming up!
N-no..... allow me.
You shouldn't be moving....
He paused for a moment, then nodded slowly. The ELs except the fire lord were all flinging spells now to keep the soldiers at bay, whether it was large flying rocks from the earth lord, huge swells of water from the water, or miniature tornadoes from the wind. At this point swordsmen had arrived and were trying to cleave through the wind lord, but he simply continued to knock them all away with help from the other lords spells here and there. The water lord again behaved like a child and began to pout at the denial of her request, whilst the flame lord stood and charged up energy. A few seconds went by, as the temperature of the area began to increase dramatically. The soldiers rushing in began to sweat and even on the balcony it could be felt. Then, all at once, an explosion occurred where the fire EL once was. It was so massive the castle may have been damaged. It sent our heros flying into the wall behind them, which broke open into a tunnel, the passage they were originally looking for.
The wall was torn out of the other walls of the castle, and the group was on it. Falling down the shaft in a constantly upwards facing direction it collided with walls, breaking off at the ends some each time, and falling ever more into a rather deep tunnel. The collisions were possibly the only thing that saved the group from the last collision, the bottom. Had they fallen the whole way without the walls around them slowing the decent of the broken door-wall, they may have died. Reina let out one last yelp before the final collision.
There was no way to tell how long she was out... But Reina awoke and looked around. She wanted to make sure everyone was there. On her left was Hal, laying on the wall, at her feet was the fox, who began to stir, and as she continued looking, another person? They were laying stomach down on the floor next to the wall they were on. Looking around it was a relatively large cave, with passageways to the left and right side. There was on the ground next to them, a fallen and now useless ladder, it's pieces laying all over being the dead giveaway. Apparently they were not going out the way they came. It was dark, but there were 2 lit torches, one on the front wall, and a second on the floor by the rear wall. It must've come loose in the fall.
Reina shook her head and crawled over to Hal, and began to shake him to wake him up. He wasn't getting up though... She decided she'd look around then and hobbled into one of the tunnels (Not that you'd know which, but the left one). As she left the new face began to stir.
Back to top Go down
Myrmidon13
River
Myrmidon13

PostSubject: Re: FFL, the next chapter.   FFL, the next chapter. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 1:24 am

Falling down in the shaft, it seemed like an eternity.

''AAAAHH'' yelled the fox as the group fell. *This is not gonna be good for us at the end!* When the group reached the ground, they all passed out.

A while later, the fox woke up, and could barely move, only his head at best. He saw the girl crawling to the hume, and then, looking around... saw two new face. The woman had fought the beast, and the random girl, had fallen with them, but... *When did... they... catch up?* Anyhow... Urran tryed to move.

*Huuuugh.. AH!... It's no use, I can't move my paws... must of... broken from the fall... I'm pretty screwed here... Where'd the cat-girl go? And how'd she survive a fall this long and still be able to move?* ''If any of you two is alive...Ugh!...or even awake... cat-girl left... and I can't get up... Hume... If your her responsiblity, you'd better....get up!'' The fox was hoping that the women were not the enemy, and that the man would get up soon...

Last edited by CursedZero on Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CIB
River
CIB

PostSubject: Re: FFL, the next chapter.   FFL, the next chapter. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 5:41 am

Alba slowly regained consciousness. It was rather dark around her and the ground she was laying on felt rocky. Turning her head, she found a few bricks laying close to her. Now she remembered. She had been knocked through a wall, falling alongside with it into this pit. She checked her body for injuries while she got up. She could make out a few bruises, but luckily there were no sprains or bone fractures.

The paladin heard a voice coming from nearby. Looking around, she found the man she had been following, who was still unconscious, as well as the fox, who seemed to be awake but unable to move. To her surprise, the voice seemed to be coming from the animal.

Hume... If your her responsiblity, you'd better....get up!

Alba walked to the fox and knelt down so she could look into his face.
While I do not understand how you can talk, you seem to be injured. I shall attend to that, but first, do you know where the girl has gone?

Last edited by CIB on Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fatalfox
Small Stream

PostSubject: Re: FFL, the next chapter.   FFL, the next chapter. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 6:15 am

Sara is slammed against the hole as it caves in falling into the tunnel.....Time seemed to go so slowly as darkness filled her mind feeling the dampness around her and the sounds of the water dripping through the cracks of the tunnel. Is this death...was i meant to be here were we all meant to follow this path just to die. Sara thought to herself laying in the damp darkness before she finally begin to stir. "Oh..." She slowly sat up pushing all all of the rocks off that she under,she tries to stand but has a huge pain in her stomach. "Oh god it hurts....hello anyone?" She looked a few feet away from her in the darkness seeing the fox and a woman kneeling down next to him.
Back to top Go down
Myrmidon13
River
Myrmidon13

PostSubject: Re: FFL, the next chapter.   FFL, the next chapter. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 6:59 am

''Ugh... The cat-girl?... She.. went over there...'' The fox told her, while pointing his nose in the girl's directing. The woman looked over her shoulder where the animal pointed, and looked back at the fox.

"How bad are your wounds? Can you move?"
''Geez... do you think... I enjoy... lying here? My back...UGH!... was injured before... falling... and now I.... can't move.... my paws...'' The mysterious woman examined the animal's paws carefully. A short beam of light flowed through them, relieving the fox from some of his pain. She then looked over to the other human who was still lying there motionless.

"Oh...Oh god it hurts....hello anyone?" The other girl said... whom just woke up.

"I would appreciate if you tried to wake him up. I will look after the girl."She rose and was about to walk towards the tunnel that the fox had pointed at, when she heard another voice. It was that of a young woman. The woman spied around the area to find the girl she had seen with the trio earlier standing near to them.

*Huh?...This again...can all humans do this?... My paws... feel better now... just like then...* ''Hume!....'' The fox gets up slowly... ''Thanks for the... what ever you did.'' The fox was now on his four legs, but still was shaking from the fall...

Last edited by CursedZero on Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fatalfox
Small Stream

PostSubject: Re: FFL, the next chapter.   FFL, the next chapter. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 8:00 pm

Sara places her hands on her stomach. "Curaga" she whispered a glittering ball of light surrounded her stomach and the bruise disappeared. She slowly started to get up still feeling the internal pain that the cure couldn't restore. It still hurts but i can walk she thought to herself as she looked over to the fox. She walked over to the fox keeping one hand on her stomach,"Are you okay?" She looked at him worryingly and caring.
"And who is that woman there?" Sara asked "Where are the others?"
Back to top Go down
Myrmidon13
River
Myrmidon13

PostSubject: Re: FFL, the next chapter.   FFL, the next chapter. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 9:02 pm

The fox starts heading to the only person still not standing.

''I don't....ugh...don't know...and...ugh...except for...cat-girl...we're all...UGH!...here...'' Answered the animal, who had reached the person on the floor.
''Hume...Hey...ugh...wake up!...Wake UP!...Ow...don't make...me lick you...I'll do...it...if...I...need...to...uugh...'' The fox reached his limit... he fell to the ground... everything started to get black... the fox faints.
Back to top Go down
CIB
River
CIB

PostSubject: Re: FFL, the next chapter.   FFL, the next chapter. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 4:19 am

Alba turned to the stranger. You possess curative magic, do you not? Can you look after these two? Alba made a gesture that showed she was referring to the fox and the man. She bowed, and then headed into the tunnel that she had been pointed at.

The tunnel turned out to be a large cave. There was a rocky path suspending over a deep pit whose bottom Alba could not make out. She heard the rustling of water as it was entering a near by waterfall. Close to that waterfall she could make out the cat girl who was leaning over the edge, apparently occupied with something. The paladin walked towards the strange woman she had been asked to take care of.
Back to top Go down
Reina
Summer Rain
Reina

PostSubject: Re: FFL, the next chapter.   FFL, the next chapter. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 5:28 am

((All curly brackets are CIB's narrative, edited into my post))
Wandering into the cavern, Reina's body could rest now. The adrenaline was wearing off, and she thought it was over, but...
All the fear, the anxiety, the sorrow, the stress, fatigue, all of it that was suppressed by her adrenaline could kick in to it's fullest. She had little time to react, and bent over the edge of the nearest cliff. She began to vomit uncontrollably into the vast pit below. The sheer pressure and low continence caused her to defecate and urinate as well, as though to add insult to already severe injury....
Barely catching breaths between all the sick, she had a hard time thinking. She began to feel light headed, and soon fell down on her chest, arms incapable of supporting her any longer. She looked over and saw a stranger appear from the tunnel she had left. She would have fled, but she couldn't even move anymore, and barely think straight...

{Alba had come close enough to look into the woman's face. The half-cat seemed mistrustful, but the paladin did not mind this. She kneeled down to the girl, checking for wounds. "It appears you are suffering heavy injuries. Why did you move here?" She gave the girl time to respond as she was gathering what little was left of her arcane energy.}
....Reina couldn't understand.... She was afraid, but couldn't move away. She somehow found the energy to vomit over the edge one more time however, before rolling onto her back shivering horribly. She wrapped her arms tighlty around her chest and winced in pain, something was sharply painful about each breath she drew. Perhaps it was all due to the biting cold of the wet clothing, or the lack of adrenaline in her system... Regardless, she slowly turned her eyes back to the stranger and stared them in the eyes.
{Even more worried, Alba finished her examination of the woman's body who thankfully didn't resist. The warrior had been able to discern three rib fractures, as well as a wound to the head that indicated a severe trauma. She concentrated and channeled all energy she had left on a healing spell to the girl's ribs. Gasping, the warrior was holding to the ground, trying not to lose consciousness again. She would have to move the cat-like woman shortly}
.....The woman before her seemed to be examining her for something... A moment passed and the woman released a healing spell onto Reina, relieving her of all physical pain in her chest, and the swelling on her head. A certain feeling of gratitude came over Reina, but before she could reflect on it, the woman began to gasp for air. She too was in pain apparently. She couldn't stand by and watch, and raised her hand up towards the woman. A small white orb floated gently and gracefully towards her. The cure spell was just a general cure though, and wouldn't have much effect, but Reina knew not how her spell worked.
She slowly got up to face her and smiled weakly before passing out cold.

{The cure spell coursed through Alba, causing the minor bruises on her face and arms to vanish. She took one last deep breath, then lifted the girl carefully with her arms. Slowly, she walked back into the room that she had come from.}
Back to top Go down
Fatalfox
Small Stream

PostSubject: Re: FFL, the next chapter.   FFL, the next chapter. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 8:49 am

Sara ran over to the fox and knelt down next to him and held him in her arms. "Oh dear your gonna be okay..." "Curaga!" Another glittering orb of light revolved around him as she rested him on her lap. She looked down at him and smiled. "I'll stay by your side until your well don't worry." Sara rest her hand on the man next to her still unconscious he seemed hurt worse then the fox. "Curaja" A beautiful shining ray of light surrounded the man glittering over him. Sara knew she was running out of energy to use much more magic but she would have to keep going. The woman had walked away from them now leaving her with just the fox and the unconscious man she hoped would soon wake up now.
Back to top Go down
Reina
Summer Rain
Reina

PostSubject: Re: FFL, the next chapter.   FFL, the next chapter. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 4:42 am

Reina found herself running naked through a storm in a dark night, through the streets of Fabul. A crowd of people with pitchforks, blades, and torches were behind her in hot pursuit. She stumbled once, and fell to the ground. She slowly got up, the heavy rain beating down on hear back. The cold was biting, but that wasn't her main concern. She ducked into an alleyway, and again almost tripped, catching herself this time.
At the end of the alley was a bunch of crates, stacked high to the castle wall. She could climb them and escape. Dashing for them, she arrived only seconds later. She dared a glance behind her, and saw the crowd had all gone, except for one man. He was pursuing her too, so she wasn't free yet. She began to climb, with great haste. The topmost crate had fallen from under her foot as soon as she reached the top. It slipped and fell onto the man, crushing him violently.
Reina felt horrible, she leapt down to see if he was alive, she pushed the wreckage aside. Underneath was no guard, but instead, the only people who cared for her. The fist human she'd ever met, David, was dead under the box, as well as Hal, The bartender sam, and a woman she knew as Fayt. Reina began to cry, and tried to deny it. She backed up, and became surrounded by the crowd. All glaring at her angrily, they all shouted the word punish. She shook her head, and said accident, but no words came from her mouth. The harder she tried, the more in vain it felt. Then the water elemental lord stepped out from the crowd. She cackled in a horrible screechy tone. The EL drew her blade, Reina stumbled backwards and down against the wall. She felt herself wet in fear, and she balled up, closing her eyes. The sword ran her through and she instantly opened her eyes. She was crying, and in a cave on the floor. Next to her was Hal, looking at her with a worried face. Next to him was an unconscious fox, a woman, and a paladin.

Reina?! Reina!! Are you alright?!
It was just a dream... She took a moment to catch her breath and straighten her thoughts. She glanced around the room, all eyes were on her. She had been squirming and making noises in her sleep. Hal was still too injured to move, so all he could do was look and hope she was feeling okay. Upon looking around the room further, it seems the group used some of the damaged wooden ladder to start a fire. It radiated a minor warmth near her, the firs comforting thing she'd felt in hours.
A few seconds later their gazes shifted, and they began to converse with one another.

Well we've been trapped down here for several hours now. We have a fire but.... we can't survive without food. We can get more water from the waterfall, and I can cast another fire spell if need be for the fire. But again, that doesn't solve food. I can't move, nor can Reina or the fox. Can one of you two hunt something? I know it's a cave, but maybe there are fish in that waterfall cavern. Or maybe some bats...
Hal shivered at the thought of eating a bat however.
Back to top Go down
CIB
River
CIB

PostSubject: Re: FFL, the next chapter.   FFL, the next chapter. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 5:58 am

Alba nodded. The waterfall in the nearby cavern indicated that she might be able to find fish there, so she decided to examine it thoroughly. Inspecting the sides of the path and the nearby walls, she couldn't find a way to climb down, so the paladin cast a light spell on herself and advanced further into the cave.

After walking a while, she could make out a doorway at the end of the path. A dim light was emitting from it, putting Alba on guard, but she did not bother to dismiss her light spell. If there were enemies here, they would have shown themselves by now. She entered the door to find herself in a short hallway, which she quickly passed.

Behind that was another cavern. She could see a few stalagmites and hear the sound of dripping water. There was white daylight entering the room from a hole in the ceiling, though she would not be able to reach it. To her left, there was a hole in the ground, which she could probably use to climb down. In front of her, the warrior could see another hallway.

Alba deducted that the hole in the ground might get her closer to the water, and thus a possible food source, but she wanted to ensure that there were no enemies nearby, and thus she inspected the hallway she had just discovered.

This led her into another cave. It was a larger one, with a confusing maze of suspended floors. Some of them seemed to be leading downwards, while others were leading upwards. The paladin could hear the sound of flowing water. She inspected the floor and found a thin stream of water flowing downwards. She could also make out a beetle, which she considered eating, but she wasn't that desperate yet. She decided to follow the path that led downwards, hoping to reach a lake or something similar this way.
Back to top Go down
Reina
Summer Rain
Reina

PostSubject: Re: FFL, the next chapter.   FFL, the next chapter. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 8:32 am

**((OOC Well this is beginning to die isn't it?
I want any and all who are still interested in participating to message me within 3 days, or you will be temporarily removed. Not moving for a week when we have at least 5 people is silly....))
Back to top Go down
Myrmidon13
River
Myrmidon13

PostSubject: Re: FFL, the next chapter.   FFL, the next chapter. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 5:18 pm

((OOC: Sorry, if it took so long...))

The fox had regained his consciousness.

U~gh, mommy I don't wanna wake up... gimme another half-hour... He mumbled, still sleepy after fainting. He opened his eyes to then realise that he was in that pit the group fell in, disappointed. He could hear the sound of a near by fire. The fox rolls over to get on his stomach, and looks around. The man was still beside him, the cat-girl had come back, the random girl was near the group, and last the woman was now gone.
Umm... how long was I out?
Back to top Go down
Wyde
Small Stream
Wyde

PostSubject: Re: FFL, the next chapter.   FFL, the next chapter. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 9:52 pm

Eoin was dead set on putting the disaster at Fabul behind him. The rain may have eased, but the pounding of his heart had not. He, the captain, his three teammates and the collective of guards that once stood at the west gate, were all similarly disheartened.

Looking back on recent events as the trekked across the plains, the wizard felt personally blessed in a way; nothing seemed to dare halt the retreat of the investigation team. No walls of hard earth erected themselves in spite, any civilian or soldier was too far away to consider pursuing them, and the plethora of invading monsters all seemed to sense the coming end of the struggle: what few were left appeared to be migrating once more to the wilderness. He also remembered that no sooner had they regrouped back at the West Gate entrance, a massive wave of sound and force threw them all off guard. All heads snapped towards the direction of the castle, only able to make out a disturbingly loud rumble erupting from the now cracked royal structure. There they all stood for some time, poised in shock, eventually coming round to the harrowing realisation that the flood of troops that had stormed the castle had been, impossibly, silenced.

Almost no words were exchanged among the soldiers. They all seemed to prefer keeping their physical and mental wounds to themselves. Even their regroup with the camp back at the shore was minimal, a quick order to immediately pack up and set off. There was nothing left to wait for but to return with their lives and their news of the army's total failure. Such horrific strife had been unheard of for many a decade...was this massacre of civilian and soldier to truly mark an end of an era? Or did it end when Baron began its strange and violent conquest not too long ago? Why the peace was falling apart so rapidly was still not entirely clear, which unsettled Eoin. The very reason he ventured away from his beloved hometown was to learn of the coming troubles, and he was far from satisfied with his discoveries. What was more, what little he did know unsettled him deeply. Baron was invading near everywhere, undoubtedly spreading misery and bloodshed, and now a force that could destroy such troops and countless potential innocents had arose in its wake.

The gentle rockings of the boat he had set out in, the cool, salted gust drifting past his face and the sounds of light, crisp waves proved to be an inadequate distraction for keeping Eoin's mind off of the recurring worries, much to his dismay. Indeed, he decided to retreat from the oceanic view to back inside the creaking cabins. Perhaps some more alcohol fueled merry making with the other soldiers, of whom he could already hear, would provide a more potent solace.
Back to top Go down
Reina
Summer Rain
Reina

PostSubject: Re: FFL, the next chapter.   FFL, the next chapter. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 7:38 am

((I am sorry, real life caught up with me and it's been difficult to find the time to make posts.... (Not that there was much I COULD post about at the time....) All who did not respond have been temporarily removed from the story, though I did leave them on the list, should they decide to rejoin at a later date.))
A few hours longer than we were....
Hal had replied to the fox. He carried on a conversation for awhile before falling asleep. He was still too tired to converse for long periods of time. Reina was already out of it.
((Sorry urran, I need to do something to move the story along to make up for lost time.... Razz ))
Feeling stiff as ever, Reina awoke to see the others sleeping. It felt like morning but, there was no way to tell from here... She slowly sat up and began to look around. It only took a moment for her stomach to realize she was up, and it was furious. She needed food, as far as she could tell they hadn't eaten for at least a day, other than on the few provisions Hal happened to have for the journey... but the doc had had most of the food. Reina crawled over to the sleeping Hal, and tried to wake him quietly... but to no avail.
She slowly stood up and decided she would need to find her own. The sound of a nearby waterfall was familiar to her... it was oft the sign of a nearby lake or stream, which meant fish. Following her gut, she wobbled dangerously into the cavern, hoping to scrounge up a meal. She walked quietly along the pathways, until she saw a ledge she recognized. It was the last ledge she saw before falling unconscious the other day. Seeing it reminded her of getting sick, which triggered memories of why she felt so, all the events in fabul, and her nightmare.
Her face was likely completely indifferent, but she was feeling horrible about it all inside, and not just from the physical strain. She turned away so as to try to get it all off her mind (Not that it worked very well) and continued on her search. Deeper in was a set of ledges the seemed to descend to the waters below. She saw little option, and descended down the surface, hoping there might be fish below. It took about 5 minutes, but there they were, she could see movement in the waters below. She stuck her hand in the water, it was icy cold, and very unlike water she was used to. She had cupped some in her hand and nearly had some, but she smelled salt on it before she did, and released it from her hand. The water was different than that in a stream, and it didn't smell like it would taste good... But the fish on the other hand looked tasty enough.
She took off her clothing and slowly climbed into the water, and began to slowly try to catch the fish. With her wounds being as they were, it was hard to catch them, combined with the frigid salt-water, it was overall not as fun an experience as when she fished in a stream or lake. But she was desperate for food, so she would endure it.
Back to top Go down
Myrmidon13
River
Myrmidon13

PostSubject: Re: FFL, the next chapter.   FFL, the next chapter. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 10:12 pm

(OOC: THIS IS NOT DIEING!!! DX)

The fox slowly wakes up, yawns, and looks around.
*Well... looks like I got up early...* He looks upwards, *If I could call this morning. Hmm, looks like cat-girl got up earlier than me... anyways,* Urran moves is hind paws a bit, *I gotta take these off, may as well take a look abit farther.* The fox get up on his four legs and heads deeper in the cave, but stays in a distance where he can still see where he came out from. Finding a spot near a wall, he sits down, and fiddles with buttons, until he successfully takes them off. *There, that was a hassle, but I got 'em off... Now let's see how's my back.* Urran gets near the wall, places his front paws on the wall, slowly making his way upwards. *Haha! I can stand again! I was tired of carrying that bag in my mouth!* Grabbing his pants, he heads back to the others.

Once there, he quietly looks for his bag, puts his pants inside, and leaves the bag near the humans. Urran then turns around and gets his sword, before heading out again, he looks at the sleeping humans. *It's so....tempting....No! I won't steal from them, not 'til I get a good escape route... but it's sooo tempting.... ARG, I can steal other things if we find a town... If we ever get out of here.* The fox starts making his way into the cave.

A little farther in than he was before, he can hear the sound of a waterfall.
*That's good to know, water in a cave...* ''Now then, time to do a lil' exploring!'' Urran takes out his sword, crouches down and then sets his scabbard down horisontally, then sets his sword down, pointing which path he took. *Aaaand now not to get lost...better start mapping* The fox stays still for a moment, closes his right eye, he then gets near the right-most wall, and takes a look around. Now done scanning the area, he continues down the wall, going farther into the cave.
Back to top Go down
Reina
Summer Rain
Reina

PostSubject: Re: FFL, the next chapter.   FFL, the next chapter. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 8:09 am

((Real life haunts me endlessly lately.... worry not I will move this RP out of this damn cave as soon as possible now.))
After a painful time wading in the frigid water, Reina quickly snapped a hand in and captured a fish, there was a problem though, she couldn't lift it for some reason. She tried with great effort, but got drug beneath instead. In shock she let go and swam to the surface. From there she saw emerge from the water a great beast, which turned towards her. It looked much like an octopus or a squid, with many arms flailing about in various directions. The creature was called an octomammoth, and had an angry stare. It took her a moment, but Reina realized that she grabbed this thing's tentacle, not a fish. It let out a deafening screech and tried to smack her with a large tentacle, which narrowly missed her.
Deeper in the cavern, the creature's roar could be heard by the others, and likely took them by surprise. It was followed by the sound and feeling of a cave in, and more screeching. It was faint, but a second screech could be heard, one that sounded more human.
Back at the battle, Reina held her arms out at the creature. There where she stayed floating, a few copies of herself appeared all around the area. The blink spell was useful, and many of the creature's tentacles went for the copies, she wasn't hit. She climbed onto a ledge, and tried to scurry up it to the nearest floor. It smacked at the walls where she and the copies were climbing, and many rocks and flooring from the cavern above fell in. Some hit the creature in the head, and many came near Reina herself, though they all missed. If this kept up though, the cave would likely collapse... Not that the monster seemed to care.

((I know I promised no more giant monsters, but we are long overdue for leaving this place Razz))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FFL, the next chapter.   FFL, the next chapter. - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FFL, the next chapter.
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3