Legacy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legacy Forum

A forum dedicated to the BYOND game Legacy

HomeFFL HUBPortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

FFL, the next chapter.

Go down 
+4
Wyde
Myrmidon13
Azzarartow
Reina
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Reina
Summer Rain
Reina

FFL, the next chapter. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FFL, the next chapter.   FFL, the next chapter. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 8:21 pm

It talks?!
Hal looked in shock at that fact, but shook his head.
No, that's just more proof it's a monster!
But before he could press on, Reina stood between them. Even in the rain, it was quite clear she was crying, distraught, and in pain.
No.
He looked at her carefully... this was the first time she spoke anything other than her name, or his. She walked over to the injured fox, knowing what it's like to be a non-human in a human world. Her first weeks in Fabul were like that.
H.... Hur....
Hurt?
It took all her effort to produce that word. She extended her hand to the injured fox, and knew it might be a monster, but she was so sad about killing someone already that she didn't care who it was. She felt like she had to make up for it somehow.
....Look if you can talk... and I must be crazy to think so....... hrm....
He struggled with his thoughts for a minute. After looking down though, he realized the truth.
It really is just a fox... isn't it?....
.....Okay Reina.... we need to get out of here.... There should be another tunnel... let's go.
He grabbed Reina by the hand and began to tow her off. She looked back with a stare, as though she wanted some forgiveness. She didn't care from who, but someone.
The pair ran off to the bar and found Sam there, staring at the rubble.
Sam! Sam!.... Sam. It's gone... the tunnel was destroyed. We need to find another way out!
She looked up at him, as though to beg forgiveness from him too.
You... you're still shaken about that aren't ya...? Where's the doc?
They looked at him, and he read it in Hal's face. He looked down sadly for a moment, as though to pay him homage, and quickly turned to Hal.
Hal! She can't go! She's not a soldier, she has nothing to do with your war anymore!
He averted his eyes... he knew it was true, but to get any help at all, he would die for it. Sam understood this, finally, it took a moment of staring at the man though. He stared at him a few minutes longer to let the message sink in, they were desperate. He shook his head and sternly spoke in a clear concise tone.
......Okay. She understands too... doesn't she?... Fine, but take care of her okay?... I've grown attached to her. You better not let her die hear me?
I heard the rear gate isn't under attack, and civilians are fleeing that way, but I wouldn't trust it. There's a secret passage in the east wing of the castle proper, but I don't know exactly where....
I'm sorry, I can't help you anymore than that.
He nodded and rushed Reina off to the palace.
Back to top Go down
Fatalfox
Small Stream

PostSubject: Re: FFL, the next chapter.   FFL, the next chapter. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 9:05 pm

The town of Fabul coming up in the distance as Sara rode on one of Essence's great birds used for military transportation. "That must be Fabul. Sara said to herself the town seemed to be in distress soldiers and monsters all around the area. The great bird finally arrived at the beach near Fabul,Sara stepped off and caressed the birds beak. "Go home now i feel that it wont be safe for you here." The bird looked at her sadly not wanting to go before taking off and flying back north to Winlan.
Rain was falling heavy on the beach "Reflect." Said Sara a invisible barrier forming around her blocking the rain. She saw the distressed town in the distance and began walking down the beach towards it.

Last edited by Fatalfox on Sat May 29, 2010 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Myrmidon13
River
Myrmidon13

PostSubject: Re: FFL, the next chapter.   FFL, the next chapter. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 9:20 pm

''It talks?! No, that's just more proof it's a monster!''
*Just another proof, huh...* Urran became depressed of what the man said, and looked down. All of a sudden, the fox heard footsteps getting closer and stopped beside him.
'No.' Urran, confused after hearing a soft voice, and looked up.
'H.... Hur....' Urran saw a girl, with cat-ears, a tail, and... diapers???
'Hurt?' She extended her hand to the fox. He wanted to extend his hand, but his back pain prevented him to do so.

''....Look if you can talk... and I must be crazy to think so....... hrm.... It really is just a fox... isn't it?.....Okay Reina.... we need to get out of here.... There should be another tunnel... let's go.'' The man grabbed her hand, and led her away, but she looked back at the fox, with sadness in her eyes. They soon went out of sight. Urran tried to get up on two legs.
*UGH, can't get up... What about... all-fours?...* Despite the pain, the fox got up on his four paws. *Ugh.. Looks like I'm stuck like this for a while, can't use my weapons, I've got to find them, and talk to them.* He walked slowly to where the man was previously standing, and sniffed around, until grasping a scent, in this rain. Urran went back to the rubble and grabbed his bag with his jaws, and in a fast pace, he followed the scent, until he would find them.

Last edited by CursedZero on Mon May 31, 2010 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fatalfox
Small Stream

PostSubject: Re: FFL, the next chapter.   FFL, the next chapter. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 1:23 am

Sara finally reaches Fabul's northern gate the rain still pours as the wind blew around the gate a few bodies littered the area. "Oh my...what happened here.." She kneels down next to the body of a solider and closes his eyes. "Rest in peace." She stands up and walks into the gate hearing what sounds like a battle in the distance. Suddenly people come running down the street fleeing to the gate screaming. She just stood in the middle of all the running people as they stared at her as they ran by her being so out of place and all in a blue silk gown and rain not touching her. "What's going on here?" She ask frantically to a male villager closest to her. "Baron is attacking get away from here they sent soldiers this way!" He yells before running for the gate. Sara closes her eyes and holds her hands out."Haste" A transparent red aura floats in the streets around her causing the villagers to run to the gate faster. She opens her eyes to see armored soldiers in the distance cutting down villagers further into the city. Sara runs towards them "Leave them alone!" She screams. "Blizzaga!" The soldiers were impaled by the huge icicles protruding from the ground. "Run now!" She yells to the villagers that survived the soldiers attacks. The villagers run expect for the one stabbed through the shoulder. She kneels down next to the man "Cura" she whispers healing up his wound and telling him to run. She stands back up and looks down the street further into the city. "Why must the innocent be cut down in a war..." She thought to herself as she walked towards the main plaza.
Back to top Go down
Terra
River
Terra

PostSubject: Re: FFL, the next chapter.   FFL, the next chapter. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 10:48 am

Maria could not ask for help in Baron since it was the Baron that attacked her home, but she didnt want to leave, so she planned to get into the castle and find out their next destination to attack. She ran to get the armour again and even though she now looked like a baron guard, the soldiers would not alow her to just walk in without a few questions.

Guard 1: "Why are you here?"
Guard 2: "Shouldnt you be helping the other guards at myssidia?"
Maria: "I was not sent to fight at Myssidia I was only asked to inform the king of the Barons success there."

The guards nodded at each other and opened the gate, Maria was now in the enemies fortress. The place was full of the sound of airships and armour shuffling about, Maria had lived in a castle once, but it was nothing like Baron castle, she saw a group of white mages walk by and decided the armour was going to be too heavy so she went into the white mages room and obtained a white robe and then followed the other white mages moving towards the kings throne room. Maria was close to getting the informtion she was seeking but when they got to the throne room, the guards told them:

Guard 1: "Get back to your rooms, the king has no need to see you at the momment"
White mage leader: "We were told the king wished to see if my students werer ready to aid his soldiers"
Guard 2: "The king has now told us only guards can see him at the momment"

Maria was getting annoyed, she did not want to have to put the armour back on, so she snapped

Maria: "If the king has told us he wants to see us, he will see us, I think more aid will be needed then more guards, so let us through or we will inform the king that you have been preventing news from reaching his throne!"
Guard 2: "shut it you!"
White mage leader: "My student is right, let us through now or the king can forget about aid for his soldiers"
Guard 1: "Fine go through, but dont blame us when the king just throws you to the dungeon.

Maria and the other white mages finally got to the kings throne, Maria was glad that she did not have to put the armour back on.
Back to top Go down
http://xterrax.sheezyart.com/
Reina
Summer Rain
Reina

PostSubject: Re: FFL, the next chapter.   FFL, the next chapter. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 10:47 pm

The pair were running through the town, only being stopped by monsters here and there. They ran for a few minutes, and saw the village square finally. Upon reaching it, hal bent over and grabbed his knees, he was well out of breath. Reina, having lived in the wild was used to it, and was quite unphazed by the run. She looked back behind them, and there was the fox from before.
....nyah?
She looked at it for a moment and eventually walked over to it. She held out her hand over it's back, and a small white orb appeared. It floated for a moment, and suddenly jetted for his spine. The cure spell would likely allow him to move better at least. She saw his expression and smiled a bit, before turning to hal again. He was on a bunch of random warm boulders in the street looking out to get a handle on their situation.
Well... the battle is still far away, but who knows how long that'll be true.
...Hrm....
Well... any ideas on how to get in?
...none eh?...
What about you fox?

The 1st was directed at Reina, but he knew she couldn't talk. He then noticed the fox had followed them and asked the same.

((OOC; I know it's short and I apologize, but I'm on a cellphone till Monday night.))
Back to top Go down
Myrmidon13
River
Myrmidon13

PostSubject: Re: FFL, the next chapter.   FFL, the next chapter. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 11:19 pm

''....nyah?'' The fox saw the two whom he was looking for, and the girl spotted him first, then the man. The girl walked over to Urran, and held her hand over his spine. Curious, the fox turned his head. Suddenly he saw a small white orb, which was floating under her hand, and slowly came down in his back. *What is she?.... Huh? My back pain, its a little easier to deal with, but I won't stand until I feel no more pain. It would be safer that way, but I think I can run again in this form.* Urran looked at her and smiled, and she smiled a bit back, before looking at the man she was with.
''Well... the battle is still far away, but who knows how long that'll be true...Hrm....''
',Well... any ideas on how to get in?'' The man asked while looking at the girl, she didn't respond.
''...none eh?... What about you fox?''
The man asked to the creature which had previously called a monster. The fox sat down like a dog.

''Hmm...'' The fox thought for a bit, and dropped the bag from its mouth. ''Well, first off, if you're asking to get in the castle, I can lead, but after than I'm clueless to the inside. If your looking for the quickest way out.... That I would not know, because the whole town may be attacked by all directions at the same time... But I can lead you though the alleys, even though it's been only several days that I was here, I still mapped most of town in my head, every alley, every street, every hiding spot... But the place that I followed you... and crashed.... was one of the places that I didn't bother to check...'' The fox responded as clearly as he could, to prove to the man that he wasn't a monster, and took the bag up in its mouth again.

(OOC: I can't post monday, cause I won't be there until 9:30 at Reina's time.)

Last edited by CursedZero on Mon May 31, 2010 11:00 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Wyde
Small Stream
Wyde

PostSubject: Re: FFL, the next chapter.   FFL, the next chapter. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 11:40 pm

Soon the torrent of rain could no longer shield the walls of Fabul from view of the five-man force. And so, gathering their wits the best of their ability and priming their minds to cope with the dreaded mission, they approached the West Gate.

Entering was luckily of little concern for the team. The entrance was guarded by a handful of other burly Baron guards, as was expected. A few fallen bodies, one or two of Baron and a few more seemingly armed civilians, were littered around a little ways behind the gate. Of course, the peasant-dressed band were greeted by the drawings of swords and spears, the largest among them bellowing "Halt! State your business here or we shall remove you by force!" Eoin was not sure he could empathise with the watchdogs' surprise when his leader replied "I am Captain Wake of the Baron militia, and am leading an investigation." The underlings all performed the required salutes and bellows of "Sir!", the sincerity in their tone and form in spite of the harsh flood averting any potentially curious guard to question their dress sense. They set down both their arms and their hostility. The Captain continued: "I am leading this team inside the walls to gather information on the invasion's progress. We shall be returning through this same gate, so stay alert, men."

The same heavy guard who halted the band responded, "The area is still a battlefield, as both monsters and rebels are aggravating out forces. Proceed carefully, captain." Without another word, a round of salutes was performed, and the team darted into the gate. The band of five wound and weaved through the street leading to the town square, their minds focused almost solely on proceeding as swiftly as possible and keeping a sharp look out for potential danger. The density of wounded and deceased strewn along the path slowly expanded as distance was covered. Eoin knew could not afford to devote any time to giving anything but the mission and the well-being of his own team specifically anything more than a second thought, be it a fellow soldier or a tragic citizen casualty. The wizard kept his heart held down in his throat, his mind directed absolutely forward and his muddied fingers energised for whatever may come.

Cries and wails of monsters and people rung ever louder in all ears as the town square drew itself into view. Eoin ran alongside the captain, yet almost had to be pushed by Troff to keep his feet moving. Glancing back, Chiseler and Handel seemed as if they were trailing behind half a metre further back further than before, and Eoin was feeling paranoia overpower him with dread over the thought of losing them. His heart thumping and adrenalin pulsing through his drenched, scrawny frame, another Spirit Wave enchantment was hurriedly cast in his panic. He grew increasingly more intense with every step. His eyes then immediately turned to Wake as they approach the square, and all followed when a sudden turn was made to the left. They would circle the perimeter of the square clockwise, gathering all the sights that they could, running in a similar fashion to a panicking crowd. When the captain began to play his part by screaming, the underlings only had to glimpse the horrors that assaulted them from all sides to follow the roleplay in kind with a chilling sincerity.

Blood splattered on fallen rubble and walls (this has gone on for some time)...a crowd of citizens bee-lining for the rear gate in a blur (some survivors)...monsters mowing down pockets of squabbling soldiers and townsfolk (many casualties)...a massive, molten, fallen golem proving a fitting centerpiece for the chaos (some powerful warriors are present, but who are they affiliated with?)...a lone goblin with a bloodied knife charging madly at the captain (a frenzied electrocution spouting from Eoin's hands blasted it aside without missing a beat)...calls of Baron troops to control the area (possible indication of some control)...the sprint took it's toll on all, the wizard feeling himself heave from his exerted efforts of protecting his fellow men. "Halfway there..." he repeatedly thought to himself as all screamed past the east gate. "Halfway there...halfway there...halfway there..."
Back to top Go down
CIB
River
CIB

PostSubject: Re: FFL, the next chapter.   FFL, the next chapter. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 12:50 am

Alba was having difficulties with making out details in this rain through which she was riding at a considerable speed. A few stray survivors were walking on the street, most likely seeking shelter. Somewhere on the road she noticed a fox wearing pants. This slightly surprised her, but it seemed to be nothing of importance.

Suddenly, however, she gave Windstriker a sign to stop. Who was that woman the fox was following? Something appeared strange about her.. "A tail?", she asked loudly in surprise. She looked back and examined the woman closely. Yes, she hadn't been fooled. There was a man walking down the street who seemed to be taking care of a woman with a tail, and some unusual ears. Following these two was a fox wearing trousers, she suspected to be their pet.

She ordered her horse to turn around and follow this suspicious trio slowly. There was no need to reveal herself to them just yet - She would be watching them silently for now.

She had been following the three for a while now. There were a few encounters with monsters, but the two humans(Alba found it easier to refer to the woman as a "human" for now) were capable of protecting themselves. The man was an adept fighter, and the woman appeared to possess magical powers.

They seemed to be headed for town square, for a reason yet unknown to her. As far as she was concerned, they had been trying to escape the town. When they reached the open area that was home to the marketplace and public events, Alba observed how the woman turned around and cast a spell on the fox. She couldn't think of a reason for this, and so she decided to ignore the matter.

Last edited by CIB on Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:50 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Reina
Summer Rain
Reina

PostSubject: Re: FFL, the next chapter.   FFL, the next chapter. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 9:23 pm

((This will be (I hope) my last short post.))
Hal simply stood gaping for a moment.
That fox IS talking.....
He looked to Reina and thought about asking her if he was crazy, but he saw her there, and realized how crazy of an occurrence she was too. He looked down and shook his head.
Well... what the hell. Might as well.
He responded to the fox in disbelief.
Got nothing to lose from trying I suppose. Very well, I'll take you up on that.
And with that he leapt down from the boulders, or rather, the remainder of the golem, and stood in front of the two... er.... animals. Reina simply stood there, shivering in the cold, till she sneezed, which prompted Hal's next statement.
Well let's get going, It's probably very cold for her to be standing in the rain in just a cloth diaper...
And he gestured to the fox, signifying he wanted him to go first and lead the way.
Back to top Go down
Fatalfox
Small Stream

PostSubject: Re: FFL, the next chapter.   FFL, the next chapter. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 10:12 pm

Sara walked down the streets heading for the plaza not meeting any opposition along the way. Before walking into the open area she saw a trio of people standing next to a small pile of large rocks. She looked at them all from a far before not even surprised by the one woman having a tail. Sara suddenly noticed the fox and ran into the plaza the the woman with the tail stared at Sara coming,Hal drew his weapon as Sara ran up to hug the fox. "Nyah!?" said the fox "Finally a friendly face." She said. Everyone looked at Sara appalled "Oh im so sorry i must have startled you all." Sara bowed a bit and smiled. "I thought this fox was from the Fennec Miraiko tribe the village of foxes in my country if he was with you i knew you must be friendly.." "Please forgive me i mean you no harm im Sara from Winlan i arrived here and saw the attack i just want to help this town i don't know who this enemy is but no one should attack a defenseless town."
Back to top Go down
Myrmidon13
River
Myrmidon13

PostSubject: Re: FFL, the next chapter.   FFL, the next chapter. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 2:49 am

The fox does not move. and drops his bag. ''Well, I told you, I'd need to know which destination in the town you seek.'' Replied the fox to the man, whom gestured the animal to take the lead. The man was going to reply, when suddenly...

A girl randomly starts running and goes past the pair infront of the fox, whom the man had his weapons ready. The girl came down and hugs the animal.
''Nyah?'' Said the fox in confusion.
"Finally a friendly face." She said. Everyone looked at the girl, "Oh im so sorry i must have startled you all." She bowed a bit and smiled. "I thought this fox was from the Fennec Miraiko tribe the village of foxes in my country if he was with you i knew you must be friendly.. Please forgive me i mean you no harm im Sara from Winlan i arrived here and saw the attack i just want to help this town i don't know who this enemy is but no one should attack a defenseless town."
The man was confused, the cat-girl, just stared, and the fox had his eyes wide open.
'' UGH!... Not the spine...'' Said the fox is pain '' Waaaaaait...wait, wait... From the who what where? And if you consider friendly, is that man pointing his blades at you, you must be crazy... You've got the wrong fox lady... I'm pretty sure that.... hmmm... That... I'm the only fox on this contient... I don't know about others, but you really got this wrong. I was raised near Baron, in a small village, for a good dozen of years... but the village got raided by monsters and... I'm pretty sure that I'm the only surviver...'' The fox said, and looked down at the ground again, becoming depressed of telling this story to others.

Last edited by CursedZero on Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Reina
Summer Rain
Reina

PostSubject: Re: FFL, the next chapter.   FFL, the next chapter. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 4:21 am

The trio found themselves with another stranger only moments after picking up their first one.
...You've gotta be kidding me... what's next I wonder?
But before he could ponder further, a bolt of thunder shot between the fox and the newcomer. Immediately Hal grabbed Reina and pulled her behind the fallen golem. The battle had finally caught up to them, and they were now in the middle of the crossfire of spells and arrows.
Why'd I say it? Why did I have to say anything?... ugh...
The battle was heated, on the palace side, several archers were on rooftops shooting arrows at the men below. Soldiers were clashing in the streets, mostly militia, wearing whatever they pleased. On the attacking side, an army of black mages came in throwing various elemental spells everywhere. And baron's soldiers and engineers took the front lines, wielding mythril hammers and blades.
Looking around for a way out, Hal dragged Reina to the other side of the rubble that was once a golem. A black mage saw an opportunity in this rubble, and pulled a white mage from hiding to assist him. Together between her life spells, and his fire magics, they were bringing the golem back to life. This in turn caused Hal and Reina to stumble out of their cover and make a mad dash for the nearest alleyway. They just barely made it in before the giant's fist collapsed behind them.
The creature then tried to knock apart the buildings so he could get at them better.... but someone must have gotten it's attention, as it turned away and didn't look back.

Look, there's the palace main... if we can just get in there.... we can all get out of here.
Fox, you know a way in there right? Get us in and I'll find our passage.
Back to top Go down
Myrmidon13
River
Myrmidon13

PostSubject: Re: FFL, the next chapter.   FFL, the next chapter. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 4:50 am

''...You've gotta be kidding me... what's next I wonder?''
A lightning bolt struck out of nowhere, and landed between Sara and the fox. The shock wave sent them flying, seperating them.
''WHOA!!!'' Urran yelled, and landed near the two whom he was previously talking to. When he came to, he saw a giant swinging his arms around, and the man was leading the Cat-girl away, Urran quickly got up, got his bag, and ran to them.
''Look, there's the palace main... if we can just get in there.... we can all get out of here. Fox, you know a way in there right? Get us in and I'll find our passage.''
''OK! That's... (thinks a bit) Follow me! Up the main street isn't the best idea right now!'' The fox said with his bag in the mouth, and quickly ran for the nearest alley. He started leading the two to the palace, in the safty of shadows.

Last edited by CursedZero on Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fatalfox
Small Stream

PostSubject: Re: FFL, the next chapter.   FFL, the next chapter. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 4:58 am

The golem slams its fist down against the entrance of the alley barely missing the everyoneas Sara stands makes it in at barely missing the golems fist. Arrows tried firing into the alley from the soliders. "Slow!" a pale white aura lingered around the area casted causing the soldiers to run slower. She begins running up to the others and breathing heavily. "We should be okay im sorry i know you still don't know me but i cant handle all of this by myself i just want to help i promise not to be a burden."

Last edited by Fatalfox on Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CIB
River
CIB

PostSubject: Re: FFL, the next chapter.   FFL, the next chapter. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 6:19 am

Something was going on at the southern side of the square that diverted Alba's attention from the three she was watching. The sparse flow of humans that had been entering from the southern main street had turned into a dense formation of militia, driving an unorganized rest of defenders onto the town square.

To make matters worse, an unknown girl had appeared, taking away the attention of the trio from the battle that was catching up to them. She shouted a warning, but it went unheard due to the general noise on the place. With no other options left, she took Windstriker and ran towards the humans and the fox.

But it was too late. A lightning bolt struck just between the fox and the stranger which resulted in a panic. The two humans she had been following fled behind the remains of the defeated golem. At the same time, a stray arrow passed Alba, nearly hitting her horse.

This worried her, as Windstriker wasn't equipped for a battle like this. She patted him and pointed in the direction of the rear gate. The horse understood and dashed out of the town square at a considerable speed. A quick prayer to her gods made her feel easier about this decision.

When she turned her attention back to the two humans, however, she had to find out that their previous shelter had once again turned into an unpleasant enemy. Alba started moving as fast as she could, for, if the golem reached its targets before she could, they would surely be crushed under its massive fists.

Just in time, the cat woman and her friend made it into an alleyway that was too small for the creature. It tried to smash the surrounding buildings in order to make its way, when a girl randomly started casting spells on it and destroyed it within mere seconds. The girl vanished into the alleyway at a speed that would make Windstriker seem like a snail. Groaning, Alba followed the superhuman, regretting to have dismissed her horse. At least the slow spell that had been cast on her was averted by the blessings of her gods.

(( Yes, I'm exaggerating, but I'm getting freaking annoyed here.))
Back to top Go down
Wyde
Small Stream
Wyde

PostSubject: Re: FFL, the next chapter.   FFL, the next chapter. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 8:15 am

Whether it was his life-preserving spell still taking effect, the unhindered pacing of his mental mantra or finally getting used to exerting his body like he never had before, Eoin was finally able to settle his mind as he and the investigation team approached the south gate. He looked to his sides once more to find all three of his other teammates were now moving alongside him. All looked ready to take on whatever followed now, and just as well; a mighty battle was now beginning to form behind them.

"Weapons! Shields! Grab what you can, men!" screamed the captain. All but the warlock wasted no time in scouting out any corpses for any nearby armour, plucking shields of Baron design from fallen soldiers. Eoin looked around somewhat confused for a split second before hearing loud clashes of metal, cries of pain, and the stench of mana closing in dangerously near. Now fully alert to the catastrophe, he crouched down to pick up the plated sheet by his feet. Unfortunately for him, he had little experience in handling heavy armour such as even this, but he would not be slowed down. He decided he would keep it held with two hands, believing it would benefit him more to stay alive rather than ensure a fraction more destruction. The others now had themselves armed with real swords rather than the meager daggers they held on to as an earlier precaution.

And so the five man band approached the south gate steadily, shields covering all sides. The formation proved to be a life saver, as two stray arrows flew directly into Troff and Eoin's defences. With any luck, this would be all they had to worry about: stray arrows could be blocked as long as the front line held and protected them from the archers.

This did not last entirely, as a potential barricade in the form of a revived Golem was heading for their new destination; he suspected other mages had brought the indiscriminate force of destruction wobbling back onto its feet, recognising the enchantments necessary to piece it together. Rain still assaulted all within the walls of Fabul, and Eoin had to ponder how foolish one would be to enchant a golem with fire in the merciless downpour that would surely severely weaken it, and revived with such basic spells at that. The south gate blockade in the distance would be relatively simple to eliminate, he believed. Something had to be done soon though, as it was still capable of destroying all constructions in its wake.

No sooner had he temporarily set down his shield to begin a taxing barrage of spells (yelling "Protect me! I shall destroy the blockade!") it was suddenly set back by pillars of ice not of his own. This worked to his advantage: even if the attack failed though some horrid luck, the attention of all who were far closer to the creature would be diverted to the nearer attacker. Eoin concentrated all his might and more into raining down great sheets of ice onto the golem's head and limbs, large flows of mana screaming out of his soul. Thanks to the two pronged assault and the horribly hackneyed, mindless attempt to revive the beast, it fell once more and provided passage.

Once his assault had passed, Eoin felt immensely dizzy and fell to his knees. He flew into a horrendous coughing fit. He had never dared burn so much of his magical energies before this mission, and now his body was suffering for it. Getting on to his feet as quickly as he could, he wheezed "Must keep moving!", his hands still clasped around his mouth as the team resumed their run past the south gate and the rubble, still formed in a circle around Eoin and ignoring all but anything that may obstruct their return to the west gate. Despite glimpsing the sight of unusual persons in the alleyways, the team had seen enough. The most difficult part of their mission was drawing to a close. Eoin's body had to hold itself together now more than ever, or he would perish here.
Back to top Go down
Reina
Summer Rain
Reina

PostSubject: Re: FFL, the next chapter.   FFL, the next chapter. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 5:05 pm

The pair followed the fox through the various alleyways and ruined buildings, the occasional jet of magic soaring by them on their way. One particular blast was aimed for them, as a black mage had pursued them into the alleyways after he caught glimpse of them from afar. He threw a thunder, and a fire, next some more thunder, all whilst charging down the alleyways on his little legs. The tiny mage was no more than 5 feet tall, and looked like he was having trouble keeping up. Hal turned and blocked a spell with his shield.
Thank the gods for the aegis shield!
Now go! I'll hold him off!

But Reina had a different plan. She lifted her shivering hands and faced both palms outwards towards her foe. She unleashed a spray of icicles at the mage, who took a blunt one to the head and fell unconscious. Reina would have smiled, but she was still unhappy about killing that soldier, and was almost physically incapable of doing so.
Her extremities were getting numb, and she began to wrap her arms around herself to keep from freezing in the cold rain. But Hal had an idea... He ran over to the unconscious mage and pilfered his robes and hat. The mage it turned out was no older than 14, a child likely recruited from Mysidia. He payed it no mind however, as it was all too common a sight. He returned to Reina and wrapped her in the cloak, following up with the hat. However the hat wouldn't stay, as her ears prevented anything of the sort from fitting on her head. So Hal took it off and cast it aside.
Hal nodded at the fox and they continued on towards the palace proper. Eventually they were at a ruined building right along it's walls. There was a doorway too, apparently this was once connected to the castle. Upon further inspection, the floor was littered with metal bars and puddles from the rain. It was once a prison connected to the west wing of the castle.
The group marched over to the door, but were halted by another monster coming from the skies above them, and landing in their midst. This one looked more formidable than an they had seen yet. It's eyes glowed with a luminescent yellow, and it had many heads. One was the shape of a lions, placed in the center. The other heads were that of a snake, a bird, and a demon of sorts. It had a body like a lions, and wings on it's back. It's razor claws were like a birds, and stained with blood.

Chimera!!!!!
The creature gave them no time to think as it lunged forward to attack them, almost snagging Hal with it's claws.
Damnit! Let's get out of here! To the door hurry!
But the thing wouldn't have any of that. It responded by leaping back and using itself to block off the doorway.
Looks like it isn't going to let us go!... We'll have to cut through!
Hal readied his blade and shield, and Reina bent low to the ground and readied her mind for a barrage of spellcasting, a trick she learned in the wild to keeping her ground.
Back to top Go down
Cole
Dew Drop
Cole

PostSubject: Re: FFL, the next chapter.   FFL, the next chapter. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 5:18 pm

Cole was well aware of what had been happening. It was war all over again...Just a few days ago, he was practicing his Cure spells with the white mages of Mysidia. Now, he was arm to arm with his fellow black mages defending the city. Baron soldiers lined up, coming up everywhere. There was no possible way to run, so the only thing left to do was to defend the village. Flurries of Firas, Blizzagas, and Thunders illuminated the area with Baron soldiers dropping like flies. Up in the sky, Cole noticed another airship heading this way. Invoking his magical abilities, he summoned a Thundara that struck the airship, causing it to lean into a nosedive. Things were looking better than before, but those soliders weren't giving up.

"Elder! We've got to do something! Have you any way of casting a barrier?"

"I'm afraid not, my child. This is not your battle to fight. You do not have to help us."
"This is my home, and I will not let it fall to Baron's soldiers!"

With his magic nearly depleted, Cole grabbed his flail and rushed the soldiers. He was able to take down six or seven before he was wounded, and he had no choice but to retreat for the time being. He cured himself as best as he could, but it would be difficult to keep at this for long. He knew that the mages were getting exhausted out there, and he had to keep helping them. The Elder had sent a few people to Baron earlier (probably for espionage) and so they were short handed a bit. The battle waged for a good while longer before all the was left were bodies everywhere. Mysidia didn't lose too many, but a casualty was a casualty. The mages were instructed to give their brethren a proper burial, and the Baron soldiers would be 'cremated' by the Black mage squadron.

"Cole, we must have a talk."
"What of?"
"It's about this ongoing war. You have been a great help to us and you have learned so much from u-
"No! I don't want to leave! How are you going to protect Mysidia?"
"We will be ok, my child. You must go now into the fight and help to protect the world once more."
"But-"
"Do you understand your fate, Cole? You cannot sit here and defend us! You are special, my boy. You have to go and find out what is causing all of this. If you stay here, then we will have no choice but to exile you."
"Elder! You can't do this to me! This is my home! I cannot bear to see it burn to the ground..."

"Go, Cole. It is time. I have opened the Serpent's Road for you. Please, bring peace to the world."
"...alright. But I will return to check on things if my path leads me back here."

Before making his way to Baron, Cole stopped by the weapon and armor shops. He hadn't ever thought of needing anything from here, but now was the time. He noted nothing of interest as far as weapons, so he decided to just keep his flail. As for armor, he also did not see anything that he wished to purchase. He carried armor from his previous journey, but it was worn down a bit and didn't do as well. When he snuck into Baron, he would check out their armory and hopefully find something better suited. Outside, it was quite a magnificent day. The sun was out and showering everyone with its rays of light and the crisp wind was blowing ever so slightly. Such a peaceful day...Until the attack. Sighing, Cole walked over to the Serpent's Road door and put his hand on it.

...Guess there's no turning back now...

[/color]
Back to top Go down
Wyde
Small Stream
Wyde

PostSubject: Re: FFL, the next chapter.   FFL, the next chapter. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 12:16 am

Eoin felt more fortunate than ever that there was still feeling in his legs. It was only a short matter matter of time before he could move at his usual pace once more, even if he still felt the need to hold his chest a little longer. In any case, he knew he could not afford to attempt casting such torrents in such a short space of time for the time being.

The investigation team resumed formation once again, and just in time too; while they were currently unaware of the Chimera's emergence, it had caught the attention of a flock of winged creatures, swooping down into the castle walls and, unfortunately, also for the investigation force. One by one, however, they were being slashed and gutted out of the sky with the timed and skilled sword strokes of Captain Wake and his other men. Some others dropped out of the sky lifeless, their wings scorched by fierce lightning bolts of unnatural origin: Eoin had been making paced efforts to fend off the assault as well. Angry peckings and sharpened claws sometimes found their way around the team's defences, Handel and Troff crying out as they drew blood but somehow still going on strong.

The battle was over quickly and the band emerged victorious, now bearing yet another series of fresh cuts to their dismay. They still stood, however, and the mission would remain a complete success if that was to remain. Ideas were beginning to brew in the captain's mind however: there had to be more, he thought. There was still no conclusion to this fighting. And would he receive extra credit for his conquests if he could provide more information for his leader than expected?

"Change of plan men." The warlock's heart skipped a beat. "More still needs reporting first hand. We head for the palace and find what's happening there." Eoin wondered if the expressions on his other allies' faces were that of usual alertness, or a reaction as aversive as his own. Before he knew it, however, all four responded with the usual "Sir!" with autonomous execution, and their own feet automatically headed onwards for the captain's perceived rewards. The mage had little idea of what to expect of seeing on his way, and just that thought made him inwardly grow immensely fearful. At the time he may not have known a battle between a rather powerful creature and peculiar, allied gathering would unfold before his eyes, but - looking back on the state of things at a more distant point in time - he doubted he could have hoped for much better luck.
Back to top Go down
CIB
River
CIB

PostSubject: Re: FFL, the next chapter.   FFL, the next chapter. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 2:21 am

The rain was still dense. Alba was watching carefully as she was running down the alleyway, trying not to miss the person she was looking for. She believed to have seen movement near a rundown building, when suddenly a shadow came down on its doorway. The creature that had landed, a mighty beast with four heads, seemed to be driving someone away from the building, cutting off their escape route. The paladin didn't think twice, if those were her targets, she needed to act. A lone katana was thrown through the air, followed by a determined warrior.

The monster screeched in pain as the sword pierced into its back. For a moment it raised on its hind feet and tried to pull it out with its claws, but it quickly decided otherwise and turned around to the new foe. Whoever deprived it from its delicious meal should taste its wrath. Alba had already shortened its distance to the beast considerably, almost being in range to attack when it turned around. However, it did manage to turn around. Three of its mouths were gaping wide open as a stream of fireballs unleashed on Alba.

Surprised by this counter-attack, the woman could only barely jump off the ground in time. Her cloak caught fire where it was close the ground, but it was luckily extinguished by the heavy rain quickly. But the Chimera didn't halt its attack. Standing on its hind feet again, the monster was threatening her with its fangs, and striking at her with its razor-sharp claws. The paladin tried to defend herself and inflicted some minor wounds on the arm of the beast, but one of the claws hit her on the side, sending her to the ground like a plaything.

When she got back on her feet, she noticed a few bad cuts on her left arm, but she didn't mind this. She had learned to ignore her pain, as well as the terror that was trying to get ahold of her. She could still move her left arm. Good. The creature sent another wave of fireballs, but this time she was prepared. Swiftly, she leapt to the side, closing in on the monster unexpectedly. Before it could react, she jumped over its back, barely avoiding the teeth that were biting at her. She grabbed at the sword that was still fixed in its back, and sunk her longer sword into the monster at the same time. With the rest of her thrust, she sliced through the back of the Chimera. The monster cried out in pain and tried to shake her off, successfully.

Alba landed on her feet, her enemy still shaking in pain. Lightning emerged from its tail, striking the area but missing her. Evading its trampling claws and feet, Alba dived under the creature's stomach, leaving two more bleeding cuts in it. The Chimera had had enough. It jumped onto the wall of the building, grabbing onto it and climbing up to the roof. There it turned around and prepared to crush this annoying fly with a devastating attack. Once again, a series of fireballs scorched the ground, then the lion-like creature came down jumping at the human, as unstoppable and mighty as an asteroid.

Alba didn't have much time to react. Sheathing one of her swords, she ran forwards a few steps, then performed a backwards flip into the air. Its claws had already passed the warrior when she came in reach of the monster's chest. She struck into the region where its heart was likely to be with all her might, maximizing the damage through an arcane enchantment.

The monster went limp and its fall accelerated. Alba tried to push herself out of the way, but it was too late. The Chimera crashed on the ground, burying the warrior under its weight.

Last edited by CIB on Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Myrmidon13
River
Myrmidon13

PostSubject: Re: FFL, the next chapter.   FFL, the next chapter. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 3:21 am

The fox could do nothing, the man readied his weapons, the girl bent herself low to the ground, and started to focus. The creature was going to strike, when suddenly it screamed of pain. The trio was confused, the beast rose on it's hind legs and tried to reach something in its back. Unable to reach what it wanted, it spun around, faced a new target. He could now see that the beast had now a katana in its back, most likely thrown, but from who? The trio looked at the creature's newest target, it was a woman, wearing white armor, and a turquoise cape. *So many women poping out of nowhere, wait.... This is perfect!* The fox thought as the two were fighting.

''Hume! Cat-girl! We're leaving!'' The fox said. The man sheathed his weapons away and looked at the girl, whom kept low. *We don't really have time here... Guess I don't have a choice...* Though the fox, still scared that the beast would spin around. He walked over to the girl and went under her, between her hands and feet.

''Sorry, but we don't have the time! Huunngh!'' Said the fox to the girl, he lifted her slowly with his back, despite the pain it caused. Once the girl was succesfully on his back, Urran walked quickly to the man, and went to the door, which was previously blocked by the monster the woman was fighting.

''Hume, you wanted in, well IN we go!'' The fox, carrying the girl, went inside, followed by the man. Moments later they could hear a bang, most probably the monster falling.

Last edited by CursedZero on Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Reina
Summer Rain
Reina

PostSubject: Re: FFL, the next chapter.   FFL, the next chapter. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 4:39 pm

Reina was caught off guard by the fox's move, and stumbled back onto him helplessly. Hal watched the new woman and began to ponder who she was... Perhaps a town guard? No, she couldn't have been, she was much more skilled than that. And her clothes meant she wasn't a baron soldier either... Perhaps militia? But before he could ponder further, he was snapped back into reality by the fox.
Hume, you wanted in, well IN we go!
Y-yeah...
And in they ran, not knowing what would come next. They scanned the area, it looked like there was a stairwell up that lead to a balcony on the inner courtyard. The trio wandered up the stairwell and looked out to see a vast courtyard. They slowed down to watch as several soldiers finally managed to destroy the gate. Reina wobbled off the back of the fox and shook her head, then slowly proceeded to stand up and look over the balcony. the balcony was outside, but it had a large marble and stone overhang, and the rain couldn't touch them unless they were very close to the edge. The balcony went all the way around the courtyard, and was about 2 stories above.
In the courtyard was a man, and it was difficult to tell who it was from here. He was alone, and facing towards the now intruding army. The soldiers stopped, this place felt entirely too eerie for them. Eventually, the commander, clad in black mage garments, stepped forward. The solitary man in the courtyard stood unfazed by the movements they made. His brown cloak fluttering in the rain and wind, and his hood over his face, something about him however seemed to command respect.... or fear....

You have intruded on the land of the Elemental lords. Speak... why are you here?
The cloaked figure's voice was raspy and somewhat deep. Each word uttered sent chills down Hal's spine. It was still raining, but somehow he could be heard as though it was clear as day, and not too far from him. Reina could smell the magic on him from here, and it was never a good smell. She backed off slowly and leaned against a pillar, something told her they shouldn't be here. The commander looked him in the eyes, and spoke clearly an powerfully. If he was afraid, no one would know it.
Your castle has fallen, we are claiming this castle in the name of the kingdom of Baron. Should you resist we will not hesitate to use force.
At this some of the archers they brought along readied their bows and crossbows, and aimed them at the solitary man. The hooded man removed his hood, and stared out at the soldiers for a moment before returning his eyes to the commander. He had lengthy black hair, and a well defined and shapen face. His cold brown eyes pierced the commanders gaze tenfold.
So... you come into our castle... you make demands of us.... and then threaten your hosts?...
I somehow doubt we will invite you again.

What he was doing was stalling them for an arrival, not that they knew that... The commander had no idea what to say to him, so he motioned for some of his soldiers to scatter and take the castle by force. Many obliged, some, were frozen in fear. The commander turned around and bit at those who were.
Did you not see?! Go! Take the throne and do not return till commanded!
The remaining troops, not certain who to be more frightened of, all stuttered sir simultaneously, and made for the throne. This would not last long however, as something was about to happen, and everyone could feel it. The commander proceeded to the man, and stood face-to-face with him.
And who are you? To so speak to me as a king? Hm?
The man couldn't resist smirking.
I am Rhyuthen. Elemental lord of earth, blessed by the power of Scarmiglione himself. And this is our castle. You will leave now, or suffer consequences.
You could FEEL the pride coming from him as he stated this. The archers stepped in and threatened him with their bows, but he didn't flinch. The commander waved them off however, and they lowered their bows some.
You are in no position to threaten us... we have all the power now.
Rhyuthen chuckled at their ignorance.
Have you not heard of us?... It doesn't matter anyways.... You will soon see for yourself.
Hal and Reina wanted to leave... but at this point Hal was rooted to the spot, and Reina was in fear of the immense magical stench pouring from Rhyuthen. A stench only a wild animal or another mage could detect.

Last edited by Reina on Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Myrmidon13
River
Myrmidon13

PostSubject: Re: FFL, the next chapter.   FFL, the next chapter. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 10:00 pm

The fox could see the man in the courtyard, and the army infront of him.

*Elemental lords? Their castle? Lord of Earth, blessed by whom? Everything he says makes my head hurt. And the army is...frozen infront of him... are they... scared?* Thought the fox, still staring, puzzled, at the man who gave quite the speech. He could smell, feel even, something emitting from the man, but wasn't sure what it was, but didn't like it... He then looks at the two beside him, the hume was too, frozen in fear, and the Cat-girl was shaking a little, of fear. The two had clearly the word FEAR in their faces...
Back to top Go down
CIB
River
CIB

PostSubject: Re: FFL, the next chapter.   FFL, the next chapter. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 1:23 am

Alba returned to her senses. She was lying on the paved street, the fallen monster on top of her, with only her arms and head free to move. Her back ached and the cuts on her left arm were still bleeding. She calmed herself. In this situation, she needed her full power to free herself, thus she began concentrating. The arcane powers within her became active, streaming her body, which became visible as white light circling her. She then cast her spell, which resulted in a bright flash of light.

Most of the warrior's wounds had healed, there was only a scar left on her arm. However, she had used up most of her magical resources, which would render her weaker in upcoming fights. Despite this, the paladin didn't waste time. She pressed against the dead Chimera with both her arms, slowly freeing herself from its weight. When she was finally free, she tumbled a few steps, trying to keep her balance, then she went into the building where she had seen her three targets disappear.

It appeared that the building had once belonged to the castle, at least there was an open doorway there, leading into the interior of the castle walls. The woman wasn't sure where the trio had run, so she headed up the close by staircase, hoping to be able to see something from the balcony.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FFL, the next chapter.   FFL, the next chapter. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FFL, the next chapter.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next