Legacy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legacy Forum

A forum dedicated to the BYOND game Legacy

HomeFFL HUBPortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Shafted by Dolph. Again.

Go down 
+2
Nielz
Sciath
6 posters

Unban Thundercleese?
Yes.
Shafted by Dolph. Again. I_vote_lcap0%Shafted by Dolph. Again. I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Yes.
 0% [ 0 ]
Yes because Lady Gaga.
 0% [ 0 ]
Totally yes.
Shafted by Dolph. Again. I_vote_lcap100%Shafted by Dolph. Again. I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 1 ]
DoItDoItDoItDoIt!!!
 0% [ 0 ]
No, because I'm Dolph Thorwald. I bought my armor from a gay man on rainbow road and I have a Vendetta against Setanta because of my Ass-burgers.
 0% [ 0 ]
Yes.
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Sciath
Small Stream
Sciath

Shafted by Dolph. Again. Empty
PostSubject: Shafted by Dolph. Again.   Shafted by Dolph. Again. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 3:35 am

Now this is a story, all about how, my ban got lifted and slammed back down. I'd like to take a minute, just sit right there, I'll tell you how Thorwald's arse is vexed by a hair.

Iiiin west FFL-delphia, born and raised. In the underground's where I spent most of my days, trollin' out, lurkin', AIDS closin' the pool, outside of Baron with all the kids who were cool, when a butthurt mod, he was up to no good, starting makin' trouble in my neighbourhood. I Wsay'd "Megaman sucks." and someone muted my ass! Now I'm pleading with the maker of Rog's horrific mass.

I whistled for an un-mute and, when it came it came near, I thought Dolph had finally taken the stick from his rear! If anything, I'd have said salvation was near, but naw, Dolph ban-hammered and laughed like a queer!

I... Pulled... Up to the forums, 'round 7 or 8 and I yelled from my ceiling, "YO, HOMES, WHERE'S YOUR GOD, NOW!?" Power-mad GM's need to be made rare, now I sit on my throne as the Prince of Ban-Air.

Last edited by Sciath on Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Needs moar Longcat.)
Back to top Go down
Nielz
Admin
Nielz

PostSubject: Re: Shafted by Dolph. Again.   Shafted by Dolph. Again. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 6:40 pm

You're not making any sense. I'd say rewrite your complaint in an understandable, normal way and then start hoping for support.
Back to top Go down
https://legacygame.forumotion.net
Sciath
Small Stream
Sciath

PostSubject: Re: Shafted by Dolph. Again.   Shafted by Dolph. Again. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 2:46 am

I guess The Fresh Prince of Bel-air gets lost in translation...

A day or two ago, As a discussion of MegaMan fandom commenced on Wsay, I fed my two cents into the pot by saying that, and I quote, "(Fail + MegaMan) = -INF; which is to say that MegaMan is infinitely less than fail." For my entirely civil and profanity-free expression of opinion, mildly harsh though it may be, I was muted. I decided to just roll with the completely undeserved mute for a while, until, four hours later, I had begun to believe I had been forgotten. In a last-ditch effort to communicate, I renamed myself "Been4HoursUnbanPlz". Dolph Thorwald, without either knowledge of the circumstances under which I was originally muted or of the length for which I had been under said mute, proceeded to say, "Kay." and ban me.

Though I, to say the least, suspect that Dolph's personal distaste for me has skewed his judgment as a moderator, I honestly don't hold it against him. I'd just like to have this ban (ironically, one of the few which befell me without provocation) lifted. Admittedly, for his stiff, apparently humorless demeanor, Dolph had once been a prime target of my trolling escapades, so I do not at all blame him for his attitude toward me. However, I feel an equal distaste for the idea of having ill-received teasing forever lorded over me, so I intend to clear up whatever grudge Dolph has against me and do so with the utmost tact and civility.

I honestly never thought I'd be banned so long as I didn't troll Wsay or harass anyone, but I suppose I now reap the fruits of my sins... C'est la vie...
Back to top Go down
Nielz
Admin
Nielz

PostSubject: Re: Shafted by Dolph. Again.   Shafted by Dolph. Again. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 11:10 am

This is a personal issue between you and Dolph? I agree with you that he shouldn't punish you for this in-game. However, when I read through the logs, I found you to be causing a lot of annoyance amongst other players, too, and for that, a mute is justified. If you don't stop the annoying behavior after the mute - I cannot verify this since the logs don't tell when somebody is un/muted - , but if this were the case, then a ban would be fair. We don't mute people for fun, we mute to warn. You get what you deserve, you know?
Back to top Go down
Sciath
Small Stream
Sciath

PostSubject: Re: Shafted by Dolph. Again.   Shafted by Dolph. Again. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 5:26 pm

Could you show me an excerpt or two? I, in all honesty don't even remember saying anything offensive or inflammatory at all that day. Truly, I'd have remembered were I trolling or goofing around at all, but I don't.

Maybe I was being unintentionally harsh, I don't know, but it seems possible, knowing me. If that's the case though, I'm honestly sorry; it's not funny at all to me if something which I'd meant to be casual/sincere conversation comes out as trolling anyway. You understand my meaning?

As for my behavior after the mute? I flew around the world map aimlessly for a few hours, re-orienting myself with the locations of things. (I hadn't played in a long time.) When this proved unbearably tedious, I sat around Baron for a time before deciding to try communicating the fact that a seemingly very silly mute had not been lifted for an inordinate amount of time.

Last edited by Sciath on Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : OP excluded Paragraph 3.)
Back to top Go down
Sciath
Small Stream
Sciath

PostSubject: Re: Shafted by Dolph. Again.   Shafted by Dolph. Again. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 9:44 pm

Honestly, can I see just what it was that I had said that day and that had been misconstrued as trolling? I'm really bummed that I somehow screwed myself over when I was just trying to play normally. I don't doubt that I said at least something inflammatory, but believe me, if I was trolling, it would have been horribly loud and obvious; the truth of the matter is that I've grown out of the whole trolling thing, it's shallow, stupid and pointless. I was just trying to play the game normally but, I concede, I wasn't careful enough about making sure to avoid my old tendency toward harshness of speech. Heck, at this point, I don't even blame Dolph for banning me, Lord knows he'd long ago had enough of the crap that I used to pull in-game.

All I'd like is to be allowed back onto a game which I loved enough to actually play to L99 and spend hours making char icons for. Well, that, and I'm curious as to what I'd said to inadvertently annoy people.
Back to top Go down
Andrew
Summer Rain
Andrew

PostSubject: Re: Shafted by Dolph. Again.   Shafted by Dolph. Again. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 7:54 pm

Can I just point out the poll options. Not helping your case whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
Sciath
Small Stream
Sciath

PostSubject: Re: Shafted by Dolph. Again.   Shafted by Dolph. Again. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 10:08 pm

Yeah, I realize that the poll up there is utterly moronic. Forgive my immaturity, I had made the original post almost immediately after the ban.
Back to top Go down
Sciath
Small Stream
Sciath

PostSubject: Re: Shafted by Dolph. Again.   Shafted by Dolph. Again. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 6:22 am

Honestly, can I get a hand here? I'd truly love to come back to the game, so if I could have my ban lifted, it'd be immensely appreciated. If there's a particular reason for which the mod team is hesitant to let me back on, could you please talk it out with me?
Back to top Go down
Nielz
Admin
Nielz

PostSubject: Re: Shafted by Dolph. Again.   Shafted by Dolph. Again. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 9:58 am

Since the banlist had been cleared by the big server crash, you can login if you wish, but try not to get in trouble.
Back to top Go down
Karnage
Summer Rain

PostSubject: Re: Shafted by Dolph. Again.   Shafted by Dolph. Again. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 4:24 pm

Not to sound ignorant but to interject, won't the people who have been banned from the main server just end up getting banned on the other one as well?
Back to top Go down
Nielz
Admin
Nielz

PostSubject: Re: Shafted by Dolph. Again.   Shafted by Dolph. Again. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 5:52 pm

That's for you to find out.
Back to top Go down
Karnage
Summer Rain

PostSubject: Re: Shafted by Dolph. Again.   Shafted by Dolph. Again. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 5:56 pm

Well considering the fact that I still can't get in means either the ban is still there or something's wrong on my connection. I'm pretty sure my connection's working perfectly so there' either the first option or..some mysterious force is at hand here.
Back to top Go down
fox
River
fox

PostSubject: Re: Shafted by Dolph. Again.   Shafted by Dolph. Again. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 9:12 pm

mysterious force eh?

*looks at andrew*
Back to top Go down
http://kakashimitsu.wapka.mobi
Sciath
Small Stream
Sciath

PostSubject: Re: Shafted by Dolph. Again.   Shafted by Dolph. Again. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 1:54 am

So, I got on the Temp server today, and all was good, until Dolph, who I can only assume had not been told of my being allowed to return, banned me without warning. Can this be cleared up? Here's the log.

Quote :
Megu: Naru, you werent going out with Setanta?
Rocky: Omg no!
Setanta: Now, semantics aside.
Naru: ?
Naru: no
Brogoku: Alba
Gildra: This dragon is a lady!
Naru: I don't even know who Setanta is
Setanta: Srsly
Setanta: Gross.
Gildra: Well her lifeline anyways
Dolph Thorwald: The **** are you doing here?
Megu: But you told me he has it long
Setanta: I weigh 350 pounds and live with my parents, and i STILL wouldn't touch naru
Setanta: Oh, sup dolph?
* TTTD has left Final Fantasy Legacy.
Gildra: Kill it you two!
Naru: you are thinking of the wrong person Megu
* TTTD has entered Final Fantasy Legacy.
Megu: Naru, i have evidence
Setanta: At any rate, bbs, Honkies, omw to KFC.
Naru: lies
*Megu Shows some photos of naru "BEEP" with Setanta
Gildra: Dont!
Naru: o.O
TTTD: Incase you're wondering why I'm restarting loads of times
Rocky: i got smart
Ren: Alright people, i'm out for now, cya.
Melody: totally not photoshipped
Naru: too bad my real name isn't naru huh?
Magical Trevor: The evidence in concrete
Melody: shopped*
TTTD: Everytime I die, I relog to avoid money-loss
Naru: so the photos aren't real
Megu: Of course not
Gildra: Yesh
Josiahz: Is anyone looking for a group?
Megu: I know you as Naru
Gildra: We r owning it!
Josiahz: I myself could use one
Dolph Thorwald: Kay. Seeya later.
Gildra: Josh
Gildra: 1 sec
Megu: But the photos shows the real person
Brogoku: Any gms online ?
Connection failed
Back to top Go down
CIB
River
CIB

PostSubject: Re: Shafted by Dolph. Again.   Shafted by Dolph. Again. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 12:43 pm

I witnessed this and I must say: You weren't the only one who was annoying me there. Anyway, if you can refrain from using harsh jokes, annoying staff who don't want to listen to you, and trolling for fun, you could give it a try. In other words: Don't take an aggressive/oppositional role in Wsay(which you obviously did when you got banned there the last time).
Back to top Go down
Sciath
Small Stream
Sciath

PostSubject: Re: Shafted by Dolph. Again.   Shafted by Dolph. Again. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 4:35 pm

Well, honestly, for the short time I was on the game, I hadn't annoyed anyone, save for Dolph, who had no objection to anything I'd said but instead seems to be thrown into a ban-frenzy by my mere presence. I really need to talk to him about burying the hatchet. At any rate though, Am I really still re-banned? Or could I actually be having connection problems? Because dreamseeker won't even open for me when I attempt to connect, unlike the symptoms of the previous ban.
Back to top Go down
Karnage
Summer Rain

PostSubject: Re: Shafted by Dolph. Again.   Shafted by Dolph. Again. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 8:51 pm

CIB wrote:
I witnessed this and I must say: You weren't the only one who was annoying me there. Anyway, if you can refrain from using harsh jokes, annoying staff who don't want to listen to you, and trolling for fun, you could give it a try. In other words: Don't take an aggressive/oppositional role in Wsay(which you obviously did when you got banned there the last time).

Was that to him or me?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shafted by Dolph. Again.   Shafted by Dolph. Again. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shafted by Dolph. Again.
Page 1 of 1