Legacy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legacy Forum

A forum dedicated to the BYOND game Legacy

HomeFFL HUBPortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

About FFL and the engine and stuff

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ranylyn
Summer Rain
Ranylyn

About FFL and the engine and stuff Empty
PostSubject: About FFL and the engine and stuff   About FFL and the engine and stuff I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 4:16 pm

Is the engine itself technically copyright of SE if it's a fan-made reproduction? I remember there was a debate about this on a SMW game engine called SMBX awhile ago, and it turns out the engine itself was kosher, it's justn that it used copyrighted sprites, musics, and whatnot.

Theoretically, we could dodge the DMCA by just using original content with the existing game engine, right?

I've got a long-spanning fantasy series I've been working on for 9 years that's just gathering dust that I'll never finish, and I'd be more than happy to let it be used for a new FFL-style game. I suck at iconing but I can handle everything else (rough overworld design, NPC text, etc) if others can do the icons.

Just offering that up.

EDIT: And yeah, I'm aware the game will come back up, butn we'll be in deep crap if Square finds out we went "lol" at their warning once they looked away.
Back to top Go down
Nielz
Admin
Nielz

PostSubject: Re: About FFL and the engine and stuff   About FFL and the engine and stuff I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 5:11 pm

Just so you know, IF it comes back up, it won't be FFL anymore. It won't be Final Fantasy at all, so we won't be going "lol" at SE's warning.
Back to top Go down
https://legacygame.forumotion.net
Ranylyn
Summer Rain
Ranylyn

PostSubject: Re: About FFL and the engine and stuff   About FFL and the engine and stuff I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 5:59 pm

*thumbs up*

Just let us know if there's anything we can do.
Back to top Go down
Nielz
Admin
Nielz

PostSubject: Re: About FFL and the engine and stuff   About FFL and the engine and stuff I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 6:02 pm

Ranylyn wrote:
*thumbs up*

Just let us know if there's anything we can do.

Dolph made some topics explaining which sounds, music and graphics need to be replaced by original work:

https://legacygame.forumotion.net/t612-audio-to-replace
https://legacygame.forumotion.net/t609-turfs-to-replace
https://legacygame.forumotion.net/t608-monsters-to-replace
Back to top Go down
https://legacygame.forumotion.net
Ranylyn
Summer Rain
Ranylyn

PostSubject: Re: About FFL and the engine and stuff   About FFL and the engine and stuff I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 6:08 pm

Nice, I missed those as I was browsing, somehow.

I'll see what I can do about the monsters. I don't have access to very good programs for music and the like, but I think I should be able to manage to contribute a little bit.
Back to top Go down
Naruuu
River
Naruuu

PostSubject: Re: About FFL and the engine and stuff   About FFL and the engine and stuff I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 6:43 pm

I'm working on turfs right now, but we will need all new player icons, as well weapon dealers, armor dealers, inn owner icons as well as well as town people, so anything anyone can add will help us get this out sooner.
Back to top Go down
Ranylyn
Summer Rain
Ranylyn

PostSubject: Re: About FFL and the engine and stuff   About FFL and the engine and stuff I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 7:26 pm

I'm cool with map sprites, I just lack the patience to make new battle animations since each "stance" is up to 4 panels.
Back to top Go down
Naruuu
River
Naruuu

PostSubject: Re: About FFL and the engine and stuff   About FFL and the engine and stuff I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 8:43 pm

anything you can do will help, right now sounds and music isn't a big deal we just need the icons and turfs to get a ver out. Please let others know guys if you know icons or graphic makers.
Back to top Go down
Ranylyn
Summer Rain
Ranylyn

PostSubject: Re: About FFL and the engine and stuff   About FFL and the engine and stuff I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 6:35 pm

After making a few basic sprites for NPCs, I realized "I don't even know what theme we're going for, silly me." Are we sticking to the medeival fantasy? just checking.

I've started toying around with some battle sprites for basic archetypes that could be modified as needed, and I just have to ask what the plan is? Are we going to stick t the whole "pull the weapon out to attack" trend, or would it be possible to incorporate weapons into the sprite itself? I ask since I had a neat idea for a warrior who keeps an axe slung over his back, but it would look really weird if it transformed in his hand.
Back to top Go down
Naruuu
River
Naruuu

PostSubject: Re: About FFL and the engine and stuff   About FFL and the engine and stuff I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 9:32 pm

Medeival fantasy I beileve dolph said.
Back to top Go down
SirRob
Dew Drop
SirRob

PostSubject: Re: About FFL and the engine and stuff   About FFL and the engine and stuff I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 7:23 am

After reading all thhe stuff thats gotta change damn, I almost feel this game is going to suck. But then I remember the talented fanbase we have. Its not going to be pretty at first but im sure we can get the up and running
Back to top Go down
http://www.sirrob.deviantart.com
Naruuu
River
Naruuu

PostSubject: Re: About FFL and the engine and stuff   About FFL and the engine and stuff I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 6:17 pm

damn you are still alive what madness!~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: About FFL and the engine and stuff   About FFL and the engine and stuff I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

About FFL and the engine and stuff
Page 1 of 1