Legacy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legacy Forum

A forum dedicated to the BYOND game Legacy

HomeFFL HUBPortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Alternative cash source

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Cecil
Dew Drop

Alternative cash source Empty
PostSubject: Alternative cash source   Alternative cash source I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 11:53 am

Since the cash drops were nerfed(not saying its a bad thing since its true that a lot of things dropped too much money) we now lack a good place for cash other than monotonous tail farming which involves doing a quest to make money.

Would it be too much to ask for a particular enemy who doesn't drop too much but not too little?
Back to top Go down
pie.
Summer Rain
pie.

PostSubject: Re: Alternative cash source   Alternative cash source I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 4:18 pm

I don't know if it's really a good idea because I myself don't run out of money except when I buy my ribbon or my equips at Kokkol's smith.

Also, at the end game, where you can tail grind, you don't have to buy anything except for items and ninja stars so you don't really need money. The only thing really costy are elixers and exits (which have been cost nerfed I think) but Zero and the optional bosses give buttloads of money (also taking note that you can sell each weapons in the Core for a bit of pocket change) for that and Cure3s are fine enough to beat Zeromus if you can't buy Elixers.
Back to top Go down
Ranylyn
Summer Rain
Ranylyn

PostSubject: Re: Alternative cash source   Alternative cash source I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 9:50 pm

To be fair, I think that more money in the endgame is a good idea. I wasted over 30 elixirs on a solo Archi attempt, for example. I spent every last gold I could spare on them, and I was only able to afford 60 total (had like 30 from before and bought 30 more, then bombed 30 at the boss)

Of course, I forgot to check the fat Chocobo and I took a break, but it's true that from 82-90 only got me something like 10-15 elixirs. And this is a pretty big issue for the sole purpose of Cure3s only healing 3000 HP. Take Archimus, for example. Cure3 vs Starfall = fail. You basically need an elixir to recover from that, and it can spam Starfall liberally sometimes.

Let's face it... if you bomb an endgame boss, the grind to replenish your lost items could take you till level 99 alone, and there is absolutely ZERO fun in that. (As is, grinding from level 70 something to 90 only got me 30 elixirs after replenishing my Cure3s and Ethers. And I used Drain/Osmose whenever it was a good investment to, as well.

Don't get me wrong. I understand the logic of not wanting to give Ninjas infinite stars and not carrying 99 Megalixirs and all that... but I think that you should also be able to realistically recover your lost stock without hitting level 99

Last edited by Ranylyn on Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Post went wonky, cut off the last line)
Back to top Go down
pie.
Summer Rain
pie.

PostSubject: Re: Alternative cash source   Alternative cash source I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 4:07 am

Ranylyn wrote:
To be fair, I think that more money in the endgame is a good idea. I wasted over 30 elixirs on a solo Archi attempt, for example. I spent every last gold I could spare on them, and I was only able to afford 60 total (had like 30 from before and bought 30 more, then bombed 30 at the boss)

That's weird, after beating Zeromus, I usually can buy 99 elixers from the money of that fight plus a bit of spare money I have.
I'll have to kill Zeromus to see how much I can get with only his money. And there are really few places after that that you need to use Elixers, except maybe for Gilgy if you didn't beat him yet.

Also, may I ask what character it was? Because some characters need more money for weapons/items than others.

Ranylyn wrote:
Of course, I forgot to check the fat Chocobo and I took a break, but it's true that from 82-90 only got me something like 10-15 elixirs. And this is a pretty big issue for the sole purpose of Cure3s only healing 3000 HP. Take Archimus, for example. Cure3 vs Starfall = fail. You basically need an elixir to recover from that, and it can spam Starfall liberally sometimes.

I didn't say to beat Archi with only cure3s, Starfall hits around 6k. I said that Cure3s are good enough for Zero since I don't think any of his attacks hit more than 3k, except maybe for Meteo.

Back to top Go down
the_pretzel2
Summer Rain

PostSubject: Re: Alternative cash source   Alternative cash source I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 9:39 am

Crush hits front row people for about 3500 if they dont have Protect.
Back to top Go down
http://judithevabarsi.com/forum
otacon_majere
River
otacon_majere

PostSubject: Re: Alternative cash source   Alternative cash source I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 10:50 pm

ninja end game can farm over 3mil in about an hour easy lol so keep a ninja with you and make them farm like mad and buy megalixers and use them as a heal bot if anything XD
Back to top Go down
http://thefinalaeon.conforums.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alternative cash source   Alternative cash source I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alternative cash source
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Legacy Forum :: Legacy :: Suggestions-
Jump to: