Legacy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legacy Forum

A forum dedicated to the BYOND game Legacy

HomeFFL HUBPortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A request for a base sample

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ranylyn
Summer Rain
Ranylyn

A request for a base sample Empty
PostSubject: A request for a base sample   A request for a base sample I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 3:22 am

I know there's a FFV sprite sheet of just a base "naked" sprite to be modified. I love FFV, but that's besides the point. I'd much prefer an FFIV base if possible, especially considering this is an FFIV game. I was wondering if there was one out there?

I'd do modifications entirely on my own ("strip down" an existing icon, as it were) if I was a better icon maker, but sadly, I've only ever finished three "good" recolors (Red Hero, a redhead MC in blue robes, and "Punk Porom" in black with purple hair) and flat out modifications are still challenging for me. I can't do it froms cratch very well and the existing quirks with existing icons (such as capes, armor spikes, etc) are a bit much for me at this point in time, so I was thinking a base would help.

So is there one floating around someone can share? In return, I'd be willing to share some of my icons when they're done. I was planning on making:

- Some originals (I write Fantasy novels in my free time, original creations)
- Icons from Namco's "Tales of" Series.
- A few Fire Emblem sprites
- A few Rune Factory sprites.
- A few .hack sprites
- A few Record of Agarest War sprites.
Back to top Go down
Raikou_Gilgamesh
River
Raikou_Gilgamesh

PostSubject: Re: A request for a base sample   A request for a base sample I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 2:37 am

Is the sprite sheet in Hals "How to make an Icon" Guide good enough? They're all naked, and has both overworld and battle, and he says its in the FF5 style.
Back to top Go down
Ranylyn
Summer Rain
Ranylyn

PostSubject: Re: A request for a base sample   A request for a base sample I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 2:12 am

The problem is I'm way picky. The FFV sprite is too bulky, and also has a double arm raise (I much prefer a single.) I'll use it if I have to, but it isn't likely to satisfy me, even if others like it.
Back to top Go down
fox
River
fox

PostSubject: Re: A request for a base sample   A request for a base sample I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 11:37 am

i found www.spriters-resource.com very helpful with icons. i hope that helps

(if you make a lyn from fire emblem icon, please let me know)
Back to top Go down
http://kakashimitsu.wapka.mobi
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A request for a base sample   A request for a base sample I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A request for a base sample
Page 1 of 1