Legacy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legacy Forum

A forum dedicated to the BYOND game Legacy

HomeFFL HUBPortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Am I allowed to complain about a mod?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
luxy
Dew Drop

Am I allowed to complain about a mod? Empty
PostSubject: Am I allowed to complain about a mod?   Am I allowed to complain about a mod? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 6:46 am

A mod somewhat harassed me and some friends. And he spoke with people in w-say about it. The first mute started with one my friends posting 1 smiley in w-say. He got muted for 15 minutes. Then he muted my other friends and I for "incessant retardedness" which is really offensive for 6 hours.

If I am allowed to complain about this mod I will reveal the name, but until then I will not.
Back to top Go down
Nielz
Admin
Nielz

PostSubject: Re: Am I allowed to complain about a mod?   Am I allowed to complain about a mod? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 11:57 am

I've investigated the chat logs and concluded that you definitely got what you deserve. From the moment you joined the game, you've caused nothing but controversy in public chat. Topics that are definitely *not* suitable for the the majority of kids that play FFL. In fact, if it was up to me, your mute would've easily been a ban in stead.
Back to top Go down
https://legacygame.forumotion.net
luxy
Dew Drop

PostSubject: Re: Am I allowed to complain about a mod?   Am I allowed to complain about a mod? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 8:39 am

But a GM discussing with people in W-say about us possibly being the same person and us doing "illegal" things (guessing using multiple keys) without us to defend ourselves? Seems stupid. Most games mods aren't allowed to talk about 1) Why people are banned/muted/whatever and 2) What punishment they got. Also talking about those who are muted is abuse.

I realize the things I said were not appropriate but neither were the actions of said GM. Especially the use of "retarded" which is more offensive than anything else I said. Others in the chat were just as bad as us and never got muted.
Back to top Go down
Nielz
Admin
Nielz

PostSubject: Re: Am I allowed to complain about a mod?   Am I allowed to complain about a mod? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 9:30 am

It's what you get here for being an ass. FFL is not a good choice for a place to troll. And if you do troll FFL, then you WILL be abused, you WILL be humiliated and you WILL be removed from the game. Or at least, be stripped from or have limited communication. FFL is a very peaceful place otherwise, and this exceptionally harsh way of dealing with trolls is why.
Back to top Go down
https://legacygame.forumotion.net
Ranylyn
Summer Rain
Ranylyn

PostSubject: Re: Am I allowed to complain about a mod?   Am I allowed to complain about a mod? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 7:53 pm

When you log in for the first time, it says "Be sure to read the FAQ." The FAQ conveniently located at the top right of your screen before you even make a character. The FAQ clearly states the rules, such as controversial discussions, flaming, and whatnot. You violated said rules after being guided to the spot they were listed. You don't get to claim ignorance when you knowingly elected to not read the FAQ you were told to read wherein the rules were enclosed.

If you want to talk about abuse, remember that in real life, your rights can be taken away. Same goes for an online game. If you have the right to freedom, you still go to jail when breaking the law in real life, am I right? I thought so. The difference is that players have the choice of not logging in to FFL.

FFL has the best community I know, and it's because of the staff. In other games, with so little actually enforced, the communities spiral out of control to hell. FFL has a nice friendly community without controversial debates, flame wars, or otherwise trolling, and it's because the rules are enforced.

If a mod acts completely out of line and you have screenshots to prove it, then you can complain, sure, but even that's a slippery slope. First off, you should provide everything from the time you logged in, because some have tried to cut the parts of conversations that justified what the mods where saying, etc. (Take care when accusing Dolph. The guy isn't to be messed with. If you're being a moron, he'll tell you to your face, which has "offended" more than one rule breaker in the past.)

However, as Nielz has already stated, they do keep chat logs, they can check them, and in this case, Nielz himself said you're in the wrong.
Back to top Go down
King Flapjack

PostSubject: Re: Am I allowed to complain about a mod?   Am I allowed to complain about a mod? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 1:32 am

luxy wrote:
A mod somewhat harassed me and some friends. And he spoke with people in w-say about it. The first mute started with one my friends posting 1 smiley in w-say. He got muted for 15 minutes. Then he muted my other friends and I for "incessant retardedness" which is really offensive for 6 hours.

If I am allowed to complain about this mod I will reveal the name, but until then I will not.

By jove, that sounds like me.

Also: You're an idiot. Case closed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Am I allowed to complain about a mod?   Am I allowed to complain about a mod? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Am I allowed to complain about a mod?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Legacy Forum :: Legacy :: Complaints-
Jump to: