Legacy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legacy Forum

A forum dedicated to the BYOND game Legacy

HomeFFL HUBPortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Balancing Items Vs Damage Taken

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ranylyn
Summer Rain
Ranylyn

Balancing Items Vs Damage Taken Empty
PostSubject: Balancing Items Vs Damage Taken   Balancing Items Vs Damage Taken I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 6:16 pm

So I recently made a new character after somewhat of a Haitus due to real life. My fiend needed help getting past Octomammoth, as it was able to hit well over 200, while Cure1 potions only heal 100. Likewise, I would not have been able to pass Mom Bomb (or any challenge past that point!) if not for the self healing from attacking myself with blitz flails while in lightning form. I needed help for Scarmiglione, as I could not survive one volley of attacks from all the Revenants, and I still can't even GET to Baigan. Keep in mind the very first Cure 2 Potions are available around Mysidia.

For classes that have absolutely zero way of healing themselves besides potions, this must be a hellish nightmare. It makes me ask, "Why?" Why can bosses readily outdamage the only method of healing at your disposal? You sure as heck can't outlast them if you can't heal, and you sure as heck can't take away all their HP before they do the same to you if you can't outlast them.

I was thinking that this could simply be remedied by making better potions available earlier and perhaps lowering the offensive capabilities of normal enemies that appear in hordes of 4+ slightly. As is, Over 80% of my mombomb atempts (over 20) had me dead on the very first turn against the 4 bombs.
Back to top Go down
CIB
River
CIB

PostSubject: Re: Balancing Items Vs Damage Taken   Balancing Items Vs Damage Taken I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 3:29 am

Thanks for the helpful suggestion, I moved cure2 to Kaipo and Damcyan.
Back to top Go down
Ranylyn
Summer Rain
Ranylyn

PostSubject: Re: Balancing Items Vs Damage Taken   Balancing Items Vs Damage Taken I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 5:58 am

Thank you, I'm sure most classes will appreciate it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Balancing Items Vs Damage Taken   Balancing Items Vs Damage Taken I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Balancing Items Vs Damage Taken
Page 1 of 1