Legacy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legacy Forum

A forum dedicated to the BYOND game Legacy

HomeFFL HUBPortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Wasn't sure where to put this but...

Go down 
3 posters

What do you think they'll make me sing?
Soprano
Wasn't sure where to put this but... I_vote_lcap0%Wasn't sure where to put this but... I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Alto
Wasn't sure where to put this but... I_vote_lcap29%Wasn't sure where to put this but... I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 2 ]
Tenor
Wasn't sure where to put this but... I_vote_lcap14%Wasn't sure where to put this but... I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 1 ]
You're out of your mind!
Wasn't sure where to put this but... I_vote_lcap57%Wasn't sure where to put this but... I_vote_rcap
 57% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
Dragoon_Nova
Small Stream

Wasn't sure where to put this but... Empty
PostSubject: Wasn't sure where to put this but...   Wasn't sure where to put this but... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 12:17 am

Well, I wasn't sure where to put this poll, but I'd like to see what a few people think. I'll come back with the answer tomorrow but, what do you guys think I'll be doing vocally? And be honest. To give a little background: I have three octaves I use to which I can use them rather effectively.
Back to top Go down
Nielz
Admin
Nielz

PostSubject: Re: Wasn't sure where to put this but...   Wasn't sure where to put this but... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 7:33 am

We can't really say anything about this since we don't know what your voice sounds like. Razz
But probably not tenor, since that is a male high-pitched voice. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://legacygame.forumotion.net
CIB
River
CIB

PostSubject: Re: Wasn't sure where to put this but...   Wasn't sure where to put this but... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 1:44 pm

Well, as far as I understand it, these "voice types" are just preset roles and needn't be applied to a gender. According to wikipedia, the female counterpart to Tenor would be Contralto(F3-F5, where Tenor is C3-C5, so only slightly lower).

But if you look at this sentence, "A true operatic contralto is extremely rare, so much so that often roles intended for contraltos are performed by mezzo-sopranos as this voice type is difficult to find.", the choir Karen is in likely doesn't even deal with that voice-type, so it's easier for them to just assign her to the male counterpart.
Back to top Go down
Nielz
Admin
Nielz

PostSubject: Re: Wasn't sure where to put this but...   Wasn't sure where to put this but... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 2:06 pm

There are certainly genders bound to these terms:

Tenor: male high voice
Bass: male low voice

Soprano: female high voice
Alto: female low voice
Back to top Go down
https://legacygame.forumotion.net
CIB
River
CIB

PostSubject: Re: Wasn't sure where to put this but...   Wasn't sure where to put this but... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 2:21 pm

Except, it's a role, not a term. There are different "roles"/departments in the choir, and she can take one that usually only males could. Your musical education doesn't have much to say when it hits the real world and a pragmatic thinker. Razz

If you're being that nitpicky, Alto is not a voice type either, only a role in choirs. Voice types are soprano, mezzo-soprano and contralto for women, countertenor, tenor, baritone and bass for men. Mixed choirs, however, are limited to soprano, alto, tenor and bass, so if Karen's going to sing at a lower pitch, she'll fall under the tenor category in that scheme. Yes, she can do that, yes, not many can.

Or, as she often does with rules that people believe to be un-breakable..

KAREN SMASH
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wasn't sure where to put this but...   Wasn't sure where to put this but... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wasn't sure where to put this but...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Legacy Forum :: Off-topic :: General-
Jump to: