Legacy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legacy Forum

A forum dedicated to the BYOND game Legacy

HomeFFL HUBPortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Row Style for FFL

Go down 
5 posters

Which row system would you prefer?
FF IV style
Row Style for FFL I_vote_lcap36%Row Style for FFL I_vote_rcap
 36% [ 8 ]
Free row change
Row Style for FFL I_vote_lcap50%Row Style for FFL I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 11 ]
I don't care
Row Style for FFL I_vote_lcap14%Row Style for FFL I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 22

AuthorMessage
CIB
River
CIB

Row Style for FFL Empty
PostSubject: Row Style for FFL   Row Style for FFL I_icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 3:27 pm

I'm currently implementing rows into FFL(back rows take less physical damage). I used the FFIV row system for this(Only the whole party can change rows). Some people I tested with thought it'd be better letting everyone be able to change rows(Note that this would require some changes to the party layout, see FFAW for a reference). Out of curiosity I'm holding this poll, although the staff already agrees on the FF IV variant.
Back to top Go down
Szenkar
River
Szenkar

Row Style for FFL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Row Style for FFL   Row Style for FFL I_icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 6:18 pm

FFIV-style row changing will limit your party's creativity and it will make parties that much more difficult to put together. No mage will join your party if they have to be in the front row. Likewise, a physical attacker like a monk won't join your party if they have to be stuck in the back row.

I think FFIV-style rows are a terrible idea. It could definitely encourage team diversity, but since it's hard enough to get a decent-sized party sometimes anyway, I just don't think it would be a good idea to have FFIV-style rows.
Back to top Go down
CIB
River
CIB

Row Style for FFL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Row Style for FFL   Row Style for FFL I_icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 6:45 pm

A mage can survive quite well in first row, a melee fighter can still deal damage in second row. If everyone were able to choose their row, we might as well just reduce all damage to mages by 50%, no?
Back to top Go down
Szenkar
River
Szenkar

Row Style for FFL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Row Style for FFL   Row Style for FFL I_icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 7:42 pm

It would have the same effect as sticking a mage in the back row, but you'd get some people complaining about PvP balance being thrown off.

Implementing rows in the FFIV style would require a party to be able to easily change their formation lineup so that they don't have to worry about the order in which everyone joins the party, though...

edit -

Free row change would allow your party to be as diverse as they want, though. Maybe you want your Paladin/Hero tank to stick it out in the back row so that they can take damage more easily for the party.
Back to top Go down
Riou_Hotaru
Dew Drop

Row Style for FFL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Row Style for FFL   Row Style for FFL I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 9:47 pm

Free row change would be preferable, IMO, otherwise melee-oriented parties will wind up with one or more members suddenly having their ability to hit anything nerfed significantly. Also, this gives options for many of the ++ classes who have the power to hit very well on the physical scale (BKs, MKs, LKs) the choice of being better spellcasters or better attackers.

It's already been said, but I'll reitinerate: FF4 Style rows will leave a LOT of people without parties, because in a full 5-man parties monsters hit significantly harder, so mages will rather solo and be in the back row than be in a full-party and be stuck in front, same with melees being trapped in the back row.
Back to top Go down
DrakeHighlander
Dew Drop

Row Style for FFL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Row Style for FFL   Row Style for FFL I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 9:59 pm

If you can't adapt to being in the front row because of FF4-style rows leaving you there, I feel for you. You're not going to take more damage than you currently do, so why should you care? Everyone has played the game being used to taking full damage, so it really shouldn't affect you.
Back to top Go down
Szenkar
River
Szenkar

Row Style for FFL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Row Style for FFL   Row Style for FFL I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 2:37 am

DrakeHighlander wrote:
If you can't adapt to being in the front row because of FF4-style rows leaving you there, I feel for you. You're not going to take more damage than you currently do, so why should you care? Everyone has played the game being used to taking full damage, so it really shouldn't affect you.
Not everyone has played the game being used to doing half physical damage because they're stuck in the back row of their party, though. This puts a limit on people wanting to create a party of 5 paladins, 5 engineers or our random, goofy 5BARD!!1 parties.
Back to top Go down
DrakeHighlander
Dew Drop

Row Style for FFL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Row Style for FFL   Row Style for FFL I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 7:30 am

Szenkar wrote:
DrakeHighlander wrote:
Not everyone has played the game being used to doing half physical damage because they're stuck in the back row of their party, though. This puts a limit on people wanting to create a party of 5 paladins, 5 engineers or our random, goofy 5BARD!!1 parties.

I'd play front row 5BARD!!1 with you again.
Back to top Go down
lordgalbalan
Small Stream

Row Style for FFL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Row Style for FFL   Row Style for FFL I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 2:34 am

I recommend free rows. On the other hand, awkward party management situations are entertaining. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.progressivesocionics.co.cc
Sponsored content

Row Style for FFL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Row Style for FFL   Row Style for FFL I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Row Style for FFL
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Legacy Forum :: Legacy :: General-
Jump to: