Legacy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legacy Forum

A forum dedicated to the BYOND game Legacy

HomeFFL HUBPortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Overmoderation in w-say

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Szenkar
River
Szenkar

Overmoderation in w-say Empty
PostSubject: Overmoderation in w-say   Overmoderation in w-say I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 12:24 am

Is it really necessary to overmoderate the 20 people that play this game? Really?

I try to have a serious discussion with a moderator about how I feel they need to take a step back in how much they moderate and I get muted? Don't you think that's a little bit ridiculous? I'm not even a troublemaker, but I sure am being treated like one.

Honestly I don't see a reason to dish out so many mutes unless what someone is doing is particularly irritating to everyone (e.g., Karnage), but that's my personal opinion. If your opinion differs, you can post in this thread! This is just how I feel, you don't have to agree with me and I'm not seeking a ban, I'm not naming any names because I'm not out to get anybody, I'm just giving suggestions.

:3c
Back to top Go down
Arten
Summer Rain
Arten

PostSubject: Re: Overmoderation in w-say   Overmoderation in w-say I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 12:31 am

"Szenkar (Szenkar): also, i'm not really instigating an argument, just providing silly comments, I'm not even part of it, so I don't really know why you're asking me to be quiet"

Well it's not really over moderation, the debate was getting out of hand
and you said that you were providing silly comments, which did nothing but fuel the flames. To be perfectly honest you were only muted for two minuites, that's not exactly what happens with trouble makers...
Back to top Go down
Szenkar
River
Szenkar

PostSubject: Re: Overmoderation in w-say   Overmoderation in w-say I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 12:40 am

I understand it was getting out of hand, but the easiest way to stop an argument is to show the people arguing how stupid they are for arguing over something so incredibly trivial -- kinda like this.

I don't have a problem with anyone doing their job. It's great that people actually do their jobs, I just feel like there's a little too much moderation, which is what I said earlier.

Yeah, I know that I kept making stupid comments and I was only muted for two minutes, I just think it's silly to mute someone for something like that when there are way worse things to worry about. Remember when we had 100 players? That's when we need a good amount of moderation.

I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea, that's why I said I'm not out to get anybody and I can be friendly with just about anyone. Karnage and I had it out for a good while and even he and I get along. Dolph and I get along too even though we've shared a relatively bumpy road. The only thing I'm trying to stress is that there's just a little too much moderation, that's it.
Back to top Go down
GAKOGENOME
Dew Drop

PostSubject: Re: Overmoderation in w-say   Overmoderation in w-say I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 12:56 am

I agree completely. It boils down to the idea that moderators are above the law. And since they have power they can wield it any which way they want to. In my opinion, (AND AGAIN, I AM BEING EXTREMELY GENERAL HERE), do not believe mods are needed when there is an ignore/mute button. Sure, there useful when there are influxes of people and stuff needs to get done, but generally this isn't the case.

I was muted simply for finishing what I was going to say because Cosmos said to stop. I was going to finish, but they have no patience. And for arguments, unless it was really starting to affect W Say, there needs to be no moderation. That's a horrible argument because if you didn't want to hear us, you could have muted me and bolt for like 2 minutes!

Mods are nearly useless. It's basically a way of saying "Oh, I am better then you so I get what I want cause if I don't I won't come here anymore." Just my opinion...
Back to top Go down
Moonlite
River

PostSubject: Re: Overmoderation in w-say   Overmoderation in w-say I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 5:36 pm

I agree with the guy above me, mods are only useful for people that come into the game just to spam or post bad links, but that happens very rarely, they're more hurtful to us than beneficial.
Back to top Go down
Nielz
Admin
Nielz

PostSubject: Re: Overmoderation in w-say   Overmoderation in w-say I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 6:33 pm

Don't argue over wsay. If you argue privately, they have no reason to mute you. But if you choose to argue over wsay, then you choose to irritate staff and other players, which is clearly a good reason to be muted.
Back to top Go down
https://legacygame.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overmoderation in w-say   Overmoderation in w-say I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Overmoderation in w-say
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Legacy Forum :: Legacy :: Complaints-
Jump to: