Legacy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legacy Forum

A forum dedicated to the BYOND game Legacy

HomeFFL HUBPortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Top 10 Favorite RPGs non related to Final Fantasy.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Deficit
Summer Rain
Deficit

final - Top 10 Favorite RPGs non related to Final Fantasy. Empty
PostSubject: Top 10 Favorite RPGs non related to Final Fantasy.   final - Top 10 Favorite RPGs non related to Final Fantasy. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 5:28 am

Everyone has there lil personal list of Rpgs they play aside from Final Fantasy, talk about them here give the name, some info and whatnot.

1:Lunar Silver star complete.
Lunar has always been a killer rpg ever since it was released for Ps and even the original, it had great gameplay a kickass story and Ghaleon who rocked as a villian, you get companions who assist you like every great rpg and each one that joins has its own great personality, my fav being kyle the drunkard bandit.

2:Dragonquest 4
everyone who isn't familiar with Dragonquest should know it is actually a renamed DragonWarrior, and being people play it on byond everyone should atleast know the basics of the game, you play a hero working to restore peace and kill the evil demon lord, well on Dragonquest 4 you had characters split into chapters, each chapter having a unique character who later on (SPOILER) join you in the last 2 chapters, the storyline is epic for dragonquest, with great rpg gameplay people love.

3:Saga Frontier
Though UNDERRATED, this game had a unique leveling up system simuler to Final Fantasy 2, with better gameplay/graphics, if you did the right moves with the right characters you could gain combos dishing out alot of damage, you could choose from 7 characters in the beggining and obtain atleast 15 more throughout playing, each character had its own story and attacks, the story was pretty bland but the gameplay could keep you going.

4:Vandal Hearts
Before Vangaurd bandits, and Final Fantasy Tactics even came out, This was the ****, you had your classes you could upgrade after 10 or so lvls, you had the attack/defence system for weakness and strengths per class, and a good set of character roles along with great story and gameplay, the tale of evil and triumph and betrayal and even the turning from good to evil via equipment and heart, the battles were basic yet challenging and when you killed someone blood shot everywhere instead of them just dieing, epic enough to play, and replay value for the extras.

5:Fire Emblem 6
Everyone whos a Fire emblem fan can agree that Fire Emblem is one of the most epic Rpgs/strategys released for handhelds and home consoles, the story is great even though you go from battle to battle, the realism in death makes the game great whereas in Final Fantasy you can revive your dead members, in Fire Emblem they stay dead for good, meaning you have to watch what you do if you wanna keep everyone alive, the classes are epic, and it had a epic role of characters such as Nino, Jaffar, Legault and Hector.

6:Tales of Phantasia
Before I even get started I'll point out to those new to the Tales of series that the first Tales of was Phantasia, alot of people get mixed feelings claiming Legends for Ps was the first, but it wasn't, ANYWAYS, Tales of phantasia is the start of a great line of Tales of games, this one has what I think the best role of characters/villians, the main set of heroes in this tales game, are included in 2-3 other tales games as npcs in arenas and such, the attacks and strategys are epic including the combo system, and the villian Dhaos is an epic character in general, which saddens me that they didn't include his storyline in many of the later games.

7:Tales of Destiny
Yes I have 2 of the tales of series on my top 10, its a great game k lol, Destiny is far from different in battles when it comes to phantasia comparing however the characters are alot different some even being more mature than phantasia, and the storyline is epicly awesome giving the cast of special swords that faught in an ancient war who grant power to the heroes and whatnot, play the game you'll love it.

8:Suikoden 2
As if suikoden 1 was epic already, 2 is just as great if not better with returning characters from 1 who kick ass, and new characters who rock just as much, its a great game including a great storyline and cast of villians, betrayals and friendships, you can get a shitload of characters for custum teams and alot of spells to add to that, while building your own bass, the gameplay is classic turn bassed instead of having 4-5 characters on your team you have 6, each character has a range type setting from small-med and long to seperate characters and create interesting teams.

9:Super Mario RPG
Everyone has played this and if you haven't you're missing out on an epic rpg, bowser is kicked out of his castle and ends up helping mario OWUT anyways it has a great storyline and an epic cast of characters including geno and barlow each boss is unique including some very funny ones and even yoshi makes an apparence in this, check it out, rom it, buy it just play it.

10:Live-a-Live
Call me crazy but in Japan, this game is more populer than the Final Fantasy series, yet japan never released it to the U.S, some say its because of how different the gameplay in battles is, or how the game plays itself, a lil idea is the 6 storylines you can play, each one is a chapter you playthrough the gameplay itself is awesome, the cowboy chapter being my favorite, the sundown kid rocks, its also Ixias icon if anyone ever noticed Razz, anyways Rom it or import it, but try it out its awesome.

now everyone geta posting! yahear?
Back to top Go down
Draco
Small Stream
Draco

PostSubject: RPGs   final - Top 10 Favorite RPGs non related to Final Fantasy. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 3:32 am

I not gonna go all detail style lik you did lol but here it goes...

1.) Dragon Quest 5 (Super Famicom)- by far the most indepth storyline I have seen for any rpg.
2.) Lunar ( Sega - CD ) Awesome stuff
3.) Vay ( Sega CD ) Same catagory as Lunar, awesome stuff =P
4.) Phantasy Star Online + Universe ( very close together for me so i tied them )
5.) Everquest 2 ( PC )
6.) Dragon Ball Z 1,2 & 3 RPG (Famicom) I loved these games
7.) 9Dragons (PC) Great free Ming Dynasty MMO.
8.) Oblivion ( PC )
9.) Bards Tale, Might n Magic ( Old School C64 ) again i love bot hequally tied.
10.) Faxanadu (NES) Sidescrolling RPG hardest game alive, took me months to beat it.

Yeah i know a lot of my choices are ancient, but i love the oldschool turnbased, call me a sucker for the love.
Back to top Go down
Halkel
Halkel

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Favorite RPGs non related to Final Fantasy.   final - Top 10 Favorite RPGs non related to Final Fantasy. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 12:46 pm

COUNTDOWN TIEM!!!

10. Dragon Ball Z, Legacy of Goku: Limited fly didn't go for me, and the fact the 'auto-attack' when close makes it near impossible to escape pain. Alot of Flaws but a great game to it to my top ten.

9. Mario and Luigi Superstars: First RPFG after SMRPG. a great game, and very funny. Especially seeing Peach getting Kidnapped by Acient Goombas with Spearheads alot XD. Not great as SMRPG, but still good.

8. Dragon Ball Z, Legacy of Goku 2: Another chapter in the DBZ GBA RPGs, this one fixed the last problem from the original, making it possible to attack them first. They also included a better version of the Kamehameha and more characters, making this one hit 8.

7. Sailor Moon, Another Story: The only Official RPG in the Sailor Moon Video Game Collection. It's very addicting though you will need a patch to translate the rom to play it with no problems. You play as all ten Sailor Senshi in this. Battle System is fun, only thing it suffers is that you only have 12 CP (Crystal Points) to use Magic. This means you need alot of money to buy Ice Shards and other CP restoring Items. Toilette acts like Elixir in the game though the patch says ??? on cure.

6. Dragon Quest Swords: Wii RPG where you take control of the main character's Sword. My kind of RPG. From the Character Design, i'm guessing it's made with the dudes who made the DBZ series like Chrono Trigger. Great game.

5. Pokemon: One of the best RPGs, You Build your team by catching Wild Pokemon and youcan fight gyms and save the Region. Unlike the Second Gen where it has 2 Regions, the modern ones have 1 area sadly. That kind of dropped the rankings sadly.

4. Dragon Ball Z, Buu's Fury: The last of the DBZ RPG Series based on the anime. This game wins them all as it includes Super Sayian 3 and Fusion. System sticks to DBZ,LoG2's with extras. It's great fun, especially the ending of it. Not the Best of Best though but good fun none the less.

3. Disgaea series: Popular for it's randomness and comedy. This RPG started on PS2, and it's system is amazing. The Highest level a character can hit is lvl 9999, which is required to hit to defeat a boss called Baal. He's optional though so you don't have to fight him, you can just play through the story and attempt to score the Good Ending. Secret Characters appear in-game too.

2. Super Mario RPG: Epic RPG coming from Square and Nintendo's Collab. Geno being Popular thanks to this, he made a few Cameos. What wins this game for me is not the Boos being named 'Big Boo' but the fact Peach uses a Frying Pan as a weapon and Lazy Shell on her makes your party unstoppable even in the final battle. It does kill the fun the Lazy Shell armour but still oe of the best.

1. Chrono Trigger: Favourite system ever, from the makers of Dragonball Z and FF. Chrono Trigger is one of the best. Especially it's Battle System and it Time Travel Formula. Alot of endings to discover as well making it entertaining to play on. This one is a game that could rival any RPG. Great games come from great minds.
Back to top Go down
http://halkeldathunderhog.sheezyart.com
Draco
Small Stream
Draco

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Favorite RPGs non related to Final Fantasy.   final - Top 10 Favorite RPGs non related to Final Fantasy. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 8:33 am

Halkel wrote:

1. Chrono Trigger: Favourite system ever, from the makers of Dragonball Z and FF.

Square didn't make DBZ =P
Back to top Go down
Saro
Summer Rain
Saro

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Favorite RPGs non related to Final Fantasy.   final - Top 10 Favorite RPGs non related to Final Fantasy. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 7:02 pm

I think he was referring to the fact that the character graphics were done by Akira Toriyama, who also draws for the Dragon Quest series and does the Dragonball series.
Back to top Go down
Halkel
Halkel

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Favorite RPGs non related to Final Fantasy.   final - Top 10 Favorite RPGs non related to Final Fantasy. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 10:33 pm

Draco wrote:
Halkel wrote:

1. Chrono Trigger: Favourite system ever, from the makers of Dragonball Z and FF.

Square didn't make DBZ =P

You have misread me, I said from the makers of Dragonball Z, in collaboration of the people who made FF.
Back to top Go down
http://halkeldathunderhog.sheezyart.com
Secxs
Dew Drop
Secxs

PostSubject: top 10   final - Top 10 Favorite RPGs non related to Final Fantasy. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 12:42 am

Here's my countdown.

10. Diablo 2 (PC)
9. Sigrogana Legend (PC) (BYOND)
8. Super Mario RPG (snes)
7. The Way (PC) (RPG Maker)
6. Zelda: Ocarina of Time (n64)
5. Quest 64 (n64)
4. Chrono Trigger (snes)
3. Front Mission (snes)
2. Tales of Phantasia (snes)
1. Ogre Battle 64 (n64)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Favorite RPGs non related to Final Fantasy.   final - Top 10 Favorite RPGs non related to Final Fantasy. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 10 Favorite RPGs non related to Final Fantasy.
Page 1 of 1