Legacy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legacy Forum

A forum dedicated to the BYOND game Legacy

HomeFFL HUBPortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Would like to see this project expand

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tcaud
Dew Drop

Would like to see this project expand Empty
PostSubject: Would like to see this project expand   Would like to see this project expand I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2015 8:48 pm

Been a player off and on. I would play more except I'm bored to death of Final Fantasy 4. My brain rebels at the thought of exposure to more of the same every playthrough. I would play more if the game environments were variable and different. This is course easily done with Byond, what's needed is the will on part of administration to permit greater player participation. There was a game once which proved player designed levels work. It was called GraalOnline, and was basically Zelda: aLttP online. Before the admin killed the free-to-play aspect, there were many player-made levels which were regularly uploaded by staff. There were even custom weapons and NPCs. The internet lost something when Graal which it still hasn't regained. Would like to see what is today FF Legacy restore the promise.

I more than done with Final Fantasy IV's world. People praise it as something awesome, but it's really nothing more than a derivative of Leda, which was derivative of Neverending Story and Star Wars. It's nothing special. ATB, conversely, is great gameplay, which is certainly the basis for fantastic adventures to come. We just have to allow that these adventures take shape, and that means making it easy for people to make maps for the game. The walled garden elitism of the Abba/HK eras strangles the game, turning off creative people. No wonder despite the legions of talented artists who produce Creative Commons content (and FF4 fans besides), the game is unable to turn out replacement art for the FF4 tileset, let alone music. If FFL is to recover, this negative tone needs to stop.
Back to top Go down
Nielz
Admin
Nielz

PostSubject: Re: Would like to see this project expand   Would like to see this project expand I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2015 3:26 pm

Forget it, it will never happen. Nobody was (will) ever (be) paid for any of the work on the game. It's a tiny hobby project and a scattered mess when it comes to management and development. It's never going to be anything bigger than a small and messy fangame with 20 players.
Back to top Go down
https://legacygame.forumotion.net
tcaud
Dew Drop

PostSubject: Re: Would like to see this project expand   Would like to see this project expand I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 12:49 am

I never mentioned pay. I think it could be done volunteer. What's required is networking and organization for the cause. I think there are 50 people willing to work, and 100 that want to see the game grow. They are already here. The leaders among them just need the ability to act. You know the person who made the BYOND parallax racing demo? They say they want to both work on the code and draw upon the greater artistic community to produce new content.

There is huge desire to rebel against the current state of MMO gaming. It just has to be harnessed with dignity and respect (something that didn't exist under Abba). I've been talking to people... they want to produce. Neilz, you need to get in contact with the old regulars and hear what they have to say.
Back to top Go down
recentteen14
Dew Drop

PostSubject: Re: Would like to see this project expand   Would like to see this project expand I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 4:19 am

Speaking from experience, they crash and burn. I still remember the trainwreck that was Brent's attempt after the DMCA happened- he tried to make the game legal again, and did a decent attempt before realizing it was easier to wipe it out and start from scratch...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would like to see this project expand   Would like to see this project expand I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Would like to see this project expand
Page 1 of 1