Legacy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legacy Forum

A forum dedicated to the BYOND game Legacy

HomeFFL HUBPortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Legacy Revival

Go down 
AuthorMessage
King Flapjack

Legacy Revival Empty
PostSubject: Legacy Revival   Legacy Revival I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 10:18 pm

Hello, everyone.

In light of the recent order from Square-Enix to shut down FFL, we will begin what I am sure will be a long, arduous process to recreate the game from scratch. Our code is still good, so as far as that is concerned we have no worries. Unfortunately all media that the game used before is no longer legal.

However, FFL has been host to a number of talented sprite artists over the years, and I believe there is a lot of untapped potential among the community in this regard. With this in mind, I invite anybody who wants to contribute anything - MIDI sound effects, 16-bit monster or character sprites, 16-bit map sprites, anything - is free to do so. Your help will be greatly appreciated, and anything we can potentially use to get the game up and running sooner will be of great help.

On that note, it is imperative that you understand that we can not use anything based on Square-Enix's work. No recolors, no Frankensteins, and no straight rips. If what you create -resembles- FF4 but is still entirely original, that is acceptable.

If you have anything to contribute, please don't hesitate to PM Andrew, Nielz, or myself and let us know what it is and how you can deliver it to us. We'll all be working very hard to get FFL back on its feet as soon as possible.

Thank you in advance if you can help.
- Dolph

Last edited by King Flapjack on Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Addendum)
Back to top Go down
King Flapjack

Legacy Revival Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legacy Revival   Legacy Revival I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 10:52 pm

It was brought to my attention that I was still a bit vague regarding what it is we need.

FFL, and and FF4, are medieval fantasy games. As such, medieval fantasy themes are primarily what we're looking for. If you need an idea of how the sprites ought to look, approximately, use sprite sheets from FF4 (http://www.spriters-resource.com/gameboy_advance/ffivadv/sheet/5806) or FF5 (http://www.spriters-resource.com/gameboy_advance/ffvadv/sheet/31358) as reference.

Keep in mind that all of our assets must be COMPLETELY ORIGINAL. If whatever you made is ripped from a Final Fantasy game, it is probably not viable.

While I would prefer that you submit finished sprites, it's not necessary that you do so. Keep in mind that the finished result must be in a 2:1 pixel ratio, 16-bit format.

Thanks again.
- Dolph
Back to top Go down

Legacy Revival
Page 1 of 1