Legacy Forum

A forum dedicated to the BYOND game Legacy
 
HomeFFL HUBPortalGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 A Suggestion to the Administrator

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
blackmage015
Dew Drop


Posts : 4
Join date : 2011-03-20
Age : 28
Location : Canada

PostSubject: A Suggestion to the Administrator   Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:33 am

Hello! I'm really enjoying the FFL server that you are hosting and I appreciate the work done by many of the people that have worked on this project.

As a new player on your server I thought you should read this particular article written by a very successful Byond Dream Maker. Why am I pointing you this way? Becuase there is a serious issue of "Bad" Game Mastering going on in this particular server, and I felt that SilkWizard's take on your issue would better display my disdain for some of your Game Masters.

http://www.byond.com/members/DreamMakers?command=view_post&post=35613

There you go, though I can't make you read this long post. Moderators like Dolph turn new people away from your game, and should not be in a position to hand out such player mutings and bannings, although Silk puts this much better then I could ever hope to.

I hope this constructive criticism will find its way to you in an acceptable mood, because I've dealt with far too many immature moderators who felt that such constructive criticism was not in accordance with the direction of a suggestion thread.

Thank you for reading.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Szenkar
River
avatar

Posts : 76
Join date : 2010-02-26
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: A Suggestion to the Administrator   Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:07 am

Dolph muted you so you're going to cry on the forum? That sucks.

Your mute is justified -- did you not read the message of the day with Dolph's long spiel? Not his fault if you didn't! Admins can read logs, so you can claim that your mute is unjustified and that GMs are abusing you. Though it is laughable when they go read the logs to see that you deserved every minute of your mute and dismiss you as a troublemaker.

Have you played any other BYOND games? Specifically Bleach and Naruto and other **** games? Probably not, but they're full of the most childish, moronic admins out there. But you wouldn't know that because you had one bad experience! Boo hoo.

On any note, Final Fantasy Legacy has a good amount of players compared to other BYOND games. We don't like to see idiots stick around, and there are always more new players with actual brains that can come in and replace the whiners like you.

GOOD DAY TO YOU SIR.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blackmage015
Dew Drop


Posts : 4
Join date : 2011-03-20
Age : 28
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: A Suggestion to the Administrator   Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:15 am

Sorry Szenkar you didn't obviously read the thread topic, though I will respond to your post.


Firstly, I am not disputing the muting. In fact if you'll actually read my post I never complain about being muted, no do I accuse anyone of "GM Abusing" me. So I don't understand where you are coming from friend.

Secondly I've been an off and on Byond player for some time, going on 10 years with several different keys and accounts. So I understand how bad some other games have gotten, but I'm not discussing them here either.

Finally, I'm not whining about anymore than your reply to my constructive criticism.

Thanks for your time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
King Flapjack
Moderator


Posts : 61
Join date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: A Suggestion to the Administrator   Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:23 am

Oh, sure. Because this forum post has NOTHING to do with you being muted.

And, I mean, you obviously aren't disputing the mute. You're just, you know, telling us we should GM more like some person I've never even heard of says we should GM.

This entire chain of posts is DEFINITELY not a result of you being muted for trying to be a 'hurr hurr am I funny yet?' troll.

All other things aside, Szenkar has already said it eloquently enough. FFL is plenty attractive that we can deal with a few idiots being scared away because I'm SO MEAN.


Protip: If you don't want to be muted, don't try trolling the admins.
kthxbye
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Szenkar
River
avatar

Posts : 76
Join date : 2010-02-26
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: A Suggestion to the Administrator   Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:25 am

You're not disputing your mute? Despite that being hilariously false (because you have forum PMed other members asking for an unmute, way to lie), I'll humor you.

So the entire point of this thread is to promote knowledge that the admins of Final Fantasy Legacy don't tolerate obnoxious stupidity? I believe everyone was given fair warning before the whole ordeal happened, so I don't know how you can call it "bad GMing" if you were thoroughly warned beforehand.

Let me copy and paste a little snippet of your original post:

Moderators like Dolph turn new people away from your game, and should not be in a position to hand out such player mutings and bannings. . .

Dolph turns people away from the game? Maybe he turns you away from the game, and we should all be happy about that. The playercount hitting 60 players a day despite how often Dolph is online is a testament to your entire complaint being full of horseshit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blackmage015
Dew Drop


Posts : 4
Join date : 2011-03-20
Age : 28
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: A Suggestion to the Administrator   Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:28 am

King Flapjack wrote:
Oh, sure. Because this forum post has NOTHING to do with you being muted.

And, I mean, you obviously aren't disputing the mute. You're just, you know, telling us we should GM more like some person I've never even heard of says we should GM.

This entire chain of posts is DEFINITELY not a result of you being muted for trying to be a 'hurr hurr am I funny yet?' troll.

All other things aside, Szenkar has already said it eloquently enough. FFL is plenty attractive that we can deal with a few idiots being scared away because I'm SO MEAN.


Protip: If you don't want to be muted, don't try trolling the admins.
kthxbye

Since we are bringing up the muting (why is everyone so hooked on that anyways?) I would like to dispute that 2 hours is a little over the top for a joke.

All kidding aside though, thanks for at least posting in a reasonable manner, and responding to what this thread is actually about.

King Flapjack wrote:
You're just, you know, telling us we should GM more like some person I've never even heard of says we should GM.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
King Flapjack
Moderator


Posts : 61
Join date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: A Suggestion to the Administrator   Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:31 am

You received double the length of the first punishment because you should have known better than to repeat the mistake.

I see no problem with this. Perhaps next time you should put more thought into what you're about to say before you say it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dante
Summer Rain
avatar

Posts : 66
Join date : 2010-07-19

PostSubject: Re: A Suggestion to the Administrator   Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:37 am

Why would you suggest people act more like another game's staff? First of all, if you're not disputing your mute, you have no reason to be commenting on abuse(as you have not been abused nor have you probably seen anyone being abused by the staff). Based on this short conclusion, I can confirm that you are solely posting this thread to bring attention to another byond game, therein breaking one of FFL's biggest rules: "Do not advertise any other games." Now, if you have an issue about our staff you can bring up previous occasions in which you have seen abuse(and should have evidence showing the case).

Now if there is nothing further, I would like to say have a good day, Sir.

Also, Fail troll, lrn2troll or gtfo. Mmkay? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blackmage015
Dew Drop


Posts : 4
Join date : 2011-03-20
Age : 28
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: A Suggestion to the Administrator   Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:38 am

Ok well thank you King for responding to my concerns.

Dante, what the heck are you going on about. I was referring to a written article, not some game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dante
Summer Rain
avatar

Posts : 66
Join date : 2010-07-19

PostSubject: Re: A Suggestion to the Administrator   Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:41 am

blackmage015 wrote:
Ok well thank you King for responding to my concerns.

Dante, what the heck are you going on about. I was referring to a written article, not some game.

You posted a link of a byond website that mentions a few byond games and their staff, so there can only be three reasons for doing so unprovoked.
1. You want to advertise the mentioned games.
2. You were abused(which you were not).
or
3. You really wanna piss off the staff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rene Aramis
Dew Drop


Posts : 5
Join date : 2011-03-20

PostSubject: Re: A Suggestion to the Administrator   Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:48 am

I believe that Blackmage has a valid point.

I mean, think about it. the word 'Dolphin' causes a 2 hour mute?

Also, I don't believe there was any other games mentioned. Sure, Silk has his own game, but the point was to convey to what GMs/Admins are supposed to do.

Also, Dolph, if you accuse me of being a whiny little 12 year old cuntbag, then maybe you should look at yourself. What did you do? Mute someone for an hour, then someone else for 2 hours, all because they said Dolphin. You could have chose ANY OTHER NAME. But you chose Dolph. Its out our fault that if we say dolphin, or 'Hey it resembles dolphin,'.

At any rate, You should probably think about what you are typing, or trying to type. Since most of it all just seems somewhat incoherent.

I've read the rules. I'm allowed to convey any 'Problems' that I see.

TO me, you being Admin? THATS a problem.

Thanks. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dante
Summer Rain
avatar

Posts : 66
Join date : 2010-07-19

PostSubject: Re: A Suggestion to the Administrator   Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:54 am

Like I said, a specific occurance with legitimate evidence and then we can see your concerns, otherwise you really are a whiney 12 year old to us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raikou_Gilgamesh
River
avatar

Posts : 121
Join date : 2010-09-07
Age : 25
Location : Texas

PostSubject: Re: A Suggestion to the Administrator   Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:58 am

I'll just throw my two cents in. You two aren't the first to complain about staff over a silly little mute, or jail, or whatever, and you wont be the last. So trust me when I say that if you want a change in staff, you'll be laughed at. A lot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rene Aramis
Dew Drop


Posts : 5
Join date : 2011-03-20

PostSubject: Re: A Suggestion to the Administrator   Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:04 am

You want evidence? Alright. Its my word against the others that day.

Day of the Event. To be more specific, the Dance off/Battle Of The Bands, whatever you want to call it.
I show up on one of my Alts, sit through some of it. Server was going to go through a reset, so they only did one band. It was pretty cool. Server restarts, and I sign into my main.

Next thing I know, I'm hearing about how over half of the people who showed up, didn't show up anymore. I mention as to why I'm not showing up, in a nice, clear, and polite manner. If I can remember correctly, what I said was...

'Sorry, but I'm not going to show up. It sounds like fun, but I have to do some much needed grinding. I'll have to pass.'

First thing I hear back, from Dolph'in' no less, is,

'Whatever, grinding is unimportant, but if you don't want to come see an event that I spent weeks preparing for, then whatever.'

I don't know about you, but that sounds like he is more important then anything else in the game. Like he's become King Flapjack. Oh, sorry, King $hit.. Man I must be typing weird today.

So I don't know what his problem was.
Everyone sitting in a chair, listening to custom music and 6 second looping sprites for an hour and a half? I would much rather grind my characters. No matter how much I tried to explain that to him, he still seemed aggitated that I'd rather grind then join the event.

Since then, Dolph has almost been personally after me most of the time. Sure, when I learned that he hates that name, I said it twice. Got a mute, big deal, mutes gone. But really? Muted over a name you hate to be called? I'm sorry man, but if I called you anything, theres no way you could mute me in real life.

I mean really. Its a fucking name Dolphin Cornwall,I think thats what your username was..

Grow up. When you turn 15 and realize that the real world is way harsher then I am, you'll thank me one day.

Mark my words.


Raikou_Gilgamesh wrote:
I'll just throw my two cents in. You two aren't the first to complain about staff over a silly little mute, or jail, or whatever, and you wont be the last. So trust me when I say that if you want a change in staff, you'll be laughed at. A lot.

Its not so much the mute there Raikou. Its the reasons, and the person behind it. Over a name.
Thats silly. Mute is small town stuff. But muting over a name call, that's silly
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dante
Summer Rain
avatar

Posts : 66
Join date : 2010-07-19

PostSubject: Re: A Suggestion to the Administrator   Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:11 am

You were warned not to do it and you disobeyed. You were not muted for the namecalling, you were muted for the namecalling and disrespect.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
King Flapjack
Moderator


Posts : 61
Join date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: A Suggestion to the Administrator   Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:13 am

Rene Aramis wrote:
I'm butthurt! So butthurt! WAAAAAAH!

Lots of people don't like me because I don't put up with their childish bullshit.

You do not matter. Your ranting will not change anything.

Goodnight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
otacon_majere
River
avatar

Posts : 110
Join date : 2010-10-04
Age : 30
Location : Pekin, Illinois

PostSubject: Re: A Suggestion to the Administrator   Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:15 am

Want to know something Rene, you both were warned. You saw what happened the first time someone went against the word of a GM and still did it, which if you read the FAQ like it states EVERY time you log in, perhaps you would understand a few things about the rules of the game. So until you come up with logical, non-flaming argument (which I highly doubt will happen anytime in the near future) then perhaps you should go on with your life somewhere. Or better yet, go to some random forum and troll there?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thefinalaeon.conforums.com
Rene Aramis
Dew Drop


Posts : 5
Join date : 2011-03-20

PostSubject: Re: A Suggestion to the Administrator   Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:21 am

I don't know about you, but no sooner had I signed in, and joined the current conversation in progress, I had this mute, and this jail, both slapped on me simultaniously.

This, is an abuse of power.

Think about it, I said nothing to deserve EITHER.
All I was asking was how many players were on, on a daily basis.

http://i60.servimg.com/u/f60/16/30/88/77/being_10.jpg

I was not told ONCE to shut up, or stop posting anywhere before these.

My mute was served, and thats it. This is technically a new incident.
Therefore, it's to be treated as such.


Last edited by Rene Aramis on Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:28 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dante
Summer Rain
avatar

Posts : 66
Join date : 2010-07-19

PostSubject: Re: A Suggestion to the Administrator   Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:24 am

Your abuse complaint will be gone out of our minds like a fat man after a cake. Now where is biskey when you need him?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nielz
Admin
avatar

Posts : 328
Join date : 2008-07-29
Age : 29
Location : Belgium

PostSubject: Re: A Suggestion to the Administrator   Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:32 pm

Rene Aramis wrote:
King $hit..
Don't censor-evade. Rolling Eyes

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://legacygame.forumotion.net
Ranylyn
Summer Rain
avatar

Posts : 65
Join date : 2010-08-05
Age : 28
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: A Suggestion to the Administrator   Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:21 pm

The more bitter the medicine, the faster the cure.

That said, who censor evades anyways? What, immature kids thinking using vulgar language makes them cool? Read the rules next time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: A Suggestion to the Administrator   

Back to top Go down
 
A Suggestion to the Administrator
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Suggestion- TV'S
» WANTED NEW FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
» Suggestion for stage roster
» Just a merely suggestion
» Minor suggestion #1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Legacy Forum :: Legacy :: Suggestions-
Jump to: