Legacy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legacy Forum

A forum dedicated to the BYOND game Legacy

HomeFFL HUBPortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Disconnect Rejoin

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Reven
Dew Drop

Disconnect Rejoin Empty
PostSubject: Disconnect Rejoin   Disconnect Rejoin I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 12:18 am

My friends have the problem of a terrible internet, so my idea, was that if they disconnect, have a certain 'timelimit'. If they relog within that time limit, they're put back into the party and continue as normal.
Back to top Go down
Andruukaze
Summer Rain
Andruukaze

Disconnect Rejoin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disconnect Rejoin   Disconnect Rejoin I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 9:53 pm

That'll almost be impossible.
In theory...
You'd have to have the game saving near on every second.
Set a timer.
Then backdate not only for your friends but yourself too.
Otherwise that'd create errors thrusting them straight into your party.
I don't think it would be easy to do something like that without it back logging EVERYONE.
And not to sound mean.
A few people...or Everyone?
It's obvious that it's not worth it.
Just my view point on it though.
Back to top Go down
Reven
Dew Drop

Disconnect Rejoin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disconnect Rejoin   Disconnect Rejoin I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 10:19 am

I saw it done in duel monsters genesis- disconnect in a duel, and you have a 2 minute reconnect time. With FFL it's different because you're moving, I suppose, but in DMG it doessn't actualy appear to log you out untill after the two minutes.
Back to top Go down
Queen
Dew Drop

Disconnect Rejoin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disconnect Rejoin   Disconnect Rejoin I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 1:02 am

the main thing with that is with FFL something is always happening, and even if that system was in place what if they dicided to replace you, they would have to force the new person out just to add you back in, staff does alot of work with coding and improoving the game things like this are considered just minor setbacks that unfortunatly people have to go through. not to belittle your situation but bigger problems exist that suck up all thier time
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Disconnect Rejoin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disconnect Rejoin   Disconnect Rejoin I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Disconnect Rejoin
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Legacy Forum :: Legacy :: Suggestions-
Jump to: