Legacy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legacy Forum

A forum dedicated to the BYOND game Legacy

HomeFFL HUBPortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ReRebalance Topic

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rizz
Small Stream

ReRebalance Topic Empty
PostSubject: ReRebalance Topic   ReRebalance Topic I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 5:12 pm

Deleted

Last edited by Zeemis on Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Arten
Summer Rain
Arten

ReRebalance Topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: ReRebalance Topic   ReRebalance Topic I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 5:21 pm

I've actually been hoping that more items would be added in. I've been in afew situations where a Lunar Curtain would have been great. Although I think the HP & MP up items should be left out... people grinding to max out there stats isn't fun. :s
Back to top Go down
Ranylyn
Summer Rain
Ranylyn

ReRebalance Topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: ReRebalance Topic   ReRebalance Topic I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 5:22 pm

I have stated myt views on this MANY many times, but once again, for those who haven't seen:

By adding items such as the lunar curtain, you effectively remove the party support classes from the equation. Classes like Bard, Dancer, white mage, who needs them when you have items that cast their buffs? Who needs anything but raw damage with elixirs and status items?

New gen RPGs place too much emphasis on offense and items. I like FFL because support magic is useful and highly appreciated. Your idea would destroy the balance of the game, I'm sorry to say, and I vehemently oppose it.
Back to top Go down
Rizz
Small Stream

ReRebalance Topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: ReRebalance Topic   ReRebalance Topic I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 5:31 pm

I can see where you are coming from, and I suggested you make those items only last a few turns while the real deal lasts longer. There are naturally spells that aren't items, like Blink.
You could even go as far as to add two new spells for two different classes that could add 15% more HP or MP.

Some people don't want to socialize with others and get into a party, and having status effects on you like Reflect and Blink can then become detrimental. Status items may make the game more fun and solable for people.
Back to top Go down
Ducky
River

ReRebalance Topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: ReRebalance Topic   ReRebalance Topic I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 5:53 am

Honestly, I agree with Arten, There have been too many a time where a lunar curtain could've been used. I think this is a great idea ^-^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ReRebalance Topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: ReRebalance Topic   ReRebalance Topic I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ReRebalance Topic
Page 1 of 1