Legacy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legacy Forum

A forum dedicated to the BYOND game Legacy

HomeFFL HUBPortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Updated 3/27/2010 Working Playable / Castle F1/ Bridge map / Grass land / Forest Pass / world map / Final Boss

Go down 
+2
Arten
Angel
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Angel
Small Stream

final - Updated 3/27/2010  Working Playable / Castle F1/ Bridge map / Grass land / Forest Pass / world map / Final Boss Empty
PostSubject: Updated 3/27/2010 Working Playable / Castle F1/ Bridge map / Grass land / Forest Pass / world map / Final Boss   final - Updated 3/27/2010  Working Playable / Castle F1/ Bridge map / Grass land / Forest Pass / world map / Final Boss I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 10:22 am

I've been working on maps for FFL and I thought it might be an interesting add on to the game ^_^ check it out

Oh I've also got a preview of what it would look like in game, if you'd like to walk around it click here

Castle F1
Forest / grassland and bridge

Full size Castle F1
Full size Forest Pass
Full size Grassland
Full Size Bridge

final - Updated 3/27/2010  Working Playable / Castle F1/ Bridge map / Grass land / Forest Pass / world map / Final Boss Castle11
final - Updated 3/27/2010  Working Playable / Castle F1/ Bridge map / Grass land / Forest Pass / world map / Final Boss Castle10

final - Updated 3/27/2010  Working Playable / Castle F1/ Bridge map / Grass land / Forest Pass / world map / Final Boss Previe11

final - Updated 3/27/2010  Working Playable / Castle F1/ Bridge map / Grass land / Forest Pass / world map / Final Boss Previe10

final - Updated 3/27/2010  Working Playable / Castle F1/ Bridge map / Grass land / Forest Pass / world map / Final Boss Prrevi10

Last edited by Angel on Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:19 am; edited 15 times in total
Back to top Go down
Arten
Summer Rain
Arten

final - Updated 3/27/2010  Working Playable / Castle F1/ Bridge map / Grass land / Forest Pass / world map / Final Boss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updated 3/27/2010 Working Playable / Castle F1/ Bridge map / Grass land / Forest Pass / world map / Final Boss   final - Updated 3/27/2010  Working Playable / Castle F1/ Bridge map / Grass land / Forest Pass / world map / Final Boss I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 1:31 am

Wow, that looks pretty cool Very Happy

I guess it's based on the bridge from FFV?
Back to top Go down
Uzakura
Summer Rain
Uzakura

PostSubject: Re: Updated 3/27/2010 Working Playable / Castle F1/ Bridge map / Grass land / Forest Pass / world map / Final Boss   final - Updated 3/27/2010  Working Playable / Castle F1/ Bridge map / Grass land / Forest Pass / world map / Final Boss I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 1:43 am

Yea, it looks pretty nice, though where it would tie into the overworld map would be anyone's guess. Then again, Toroia's giant forests might do the trick, considering there are little rivers cutting across it every now and then...but...I wonder if, should it be implemented, if it would be a hidden/invis area or not on the overworld. I would be curious as to what this would lead to, though.

final - Updated 3/27/2010  Working Playable / Castle F1/ Bridge map / Grass land / Forest Pass / world map / Final Boss Icon_biggrin Just saying. ._.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Small Stream

PostSubject: Re: Updated 3/27/2010 Working Playable / Castle F1/ Bridge map / Grass land / Forest Pass / world map / Final Boss   final - Updated 3/27/2010  Working Playable / Castle F1/ Bridge map / Grass land / Forest Pass / world map / Final Boss I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 4:59 am

This is my idea:

an elite group of plague bearer (all ++class NPCs) have appeared and.... driven by their thirst for power are now bent to taking over the world. Using their massive powers they have broken an ancient seal and thus risen from the depths of the sea the dreaded ++ castle.

A realm of of darkness, once sealed by the Esper Bahamut. Hidden within the depths of the castle lay in wait demonic powers of the old world that once held everything on the brink of chaos.

now it is up to you, gather your allies and venture deep into the relm of darkness, stop the plague bearers before its tolate, before they unlock the true demon behind...++ castle

This is my second idea:

I've noticed that while we do have ++ classes in this game they lack a kind of specificatio
n such as working towards each unlocked class.
Now my idea is to keep the fact the player can make any ++ class; however, they will need to work for it.
This is where the ++ castle comes into the picture it will be a massive dungeon full of the hardest monsters and bosses made from the ++ class themselves. There will be 12 wings to the castle one for each ++ class currently in the game:

Gladiator, Mature BTwin, Mature WTwin, Dancer, Dragooness, Ancient Caller, Hero, Lunar Knight, Magic Knight, Fiend, Black Knight, Swordmaster

(not sure if there are more have not seen the full list in a while but you get the idea one wing for each)

Each wing of the ++ castle will be themed for an advantage of its corresponding class so while it's possible for a Dark Knight to become Dragooness the wing of the dungeon will favor the Dragoon who has an advantage against dragons.
The final boss of each wing will be the ++ class themselves in boss format and once defeated that class becomes playable to the PC.
Back to top Go down
Uzakura
Summer Rain
Uzakura

PostSubject: My counter-idea?   final - Updated 3/27/2010  Working Playable / Castle F1/ Bridge map / Grass land / Forest Pass / world map / Final Boss I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 4:18 pm

I kind of like the idea, but as is, characters can only unlock 2 ++ classes per successful playthrough. Assuming that the only limitation here is uber-powered monsters versus the capacity to unlock all of them in a single run, it would pretty effectively undermine that.

But, if you limited people to unlocking only certain wings that lead to their ++ class of choice, then they would have to either go do it solo or find a few more like minded people who all really want the same class, (and multikeyers would have to split up if, say, the main wanted Swordmaster and MBT and the alt was to get MWT and Lunar Knight.) which would be difficult without having a party in the first place.

There should be, without a doubt, a great reward should you best the boss at the end of each wing, but if unlocking ++ classes falls short, perhaps it should bestow some sort of item/weapon/armor/skill(?) unique to the castle.

It's an offshoot of your idea, but maybe someone could put Archimus IN your castle in a room that's locked, and the only way to get to him is to defeat ever-so-how-many ++ class bosses. This way, newbies could get a lasting impression of what ++ class they like the best (Assuming the ++ boss doesn't have absurd new abilities that the class itself does not have.), and provide a decent amount of xp for those who haven't hit Level 99 yet. However, it would make the endgame pretty long unless you did something like...having to beat at least 2 of the ++ bosses to get to Archi, but the only ++ classes you can unlock are the ones you beat before Archimus, so you would actually 'earn' the classes proper. Tricky, eh?

(It would also give your ++ castle an actual 'demon' for players to beat back, and thus giving it a stronger storyline, assuming you've cooked up a good one already.)

Sorry if I you find this idea repulsive, just speaking my mind.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Small Stream

PostSubject: Re: Updated 3/27/2010 Working Playable / Castle F1/ Bridge map / Grass land / Forest Pass / world map / Final Boss   final - Updated 3/27/2010  Working Playable / Castle F1/ Bridge map / Grass land / Forest Pass / world map / Final Boss I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 8:16 pm

Hmm how about this then, one cannot gain the ++ class via this castle but instead it offers them a peek of a boss version of each ++ class to get a taste of what they can do. There is a main boss demon outside of the ++ bosses but in order to unlock his room you must first defeat all 12 bosses in each of their wings.

I suggest as a reward for beating the ++ class that reflects the one your currently using I.E. Dragoon / Dragooness against the ++ Dragooness boss or Dark Knight / Black Knight against the ++ Black Knight that character would gain a fragment of their weapon this in turn would allow the weapon to be reforged as that characters best class weapon.

as for the main Demon boss how about it is an underline of Archimus and holds the key which would allow you to face him and thus unlock the 2 ++ classes as the game already is?

doing it this way you would be able to test out the ++ class in a fight / get a better weapon / and extend the current ++ class quest a little more ^_^

My I also suggest the final boss being

final - Updated 3/27/2010  Working Playable / Castle F1/ Bridge map / Grass land / Forest Pass / world map / Final Boss Main_b10
Back to top Go down
Uzakura
Summer Rain
Uzakura

PostSubject: Re: Updated 3/27/2010 Working Playable / Castle F1/ Bridge map / Grass land / Forest Pass / world map / Final Boss   final - Updated 3/27/2010  Working Playable / Castle F1/ Bridge map / Grass land / Forest Pass / world map / Final Boss I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 10:15 pm

That sounds pretty agreeable to me, although 12+ more bosses after Zeromus would be a bit irksome, because by then you're already a hop, skip, or a step away from Level 99, the generic requirement to face Archi (Other than beating Zero, of course.). For underlevel'd players, I'd imagine this would be fine compared to fighting Zemus' Minds over and over again, but it depends on how you do it.

I'm curious if this will work out. ._.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Small Stream

PostSubject: Re: Updated 3/27/2010 Working Playable / Castle F1/ Bridge map / Grass land / Forest Pass / world map / Final Boss   final - Updated 3/27/2010  Working Playable / Castle F1/ Bridge map / Grass land / Forest Pass / world map / Final Boss I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 11:37 pm

I believe that this would work out though ^_^

(this is assuming the boss to fight to gain the ++ class is not the same to get your icon it had been a while since I've played this game to it's end and when I did the icon boss to cure the plague was different then the ++ class)

consider, this will be a great form of end game for the players even if they are 99 when doing this, because they will have the abiliy to use their icon. So now they have an excuse to group with freinds on this new adventure with their own icon and show off their ability to create them, not only that but they can do it twice once for their none ++ and again for their ++ class when they go searching for their best weapon.

with the 20 level cap to party's now in the game it's almost pointless to have a custom icon, you cannot play through the game again with it because your not running with a low level helping them around so other then pvp your never joining a group with other players at a state where you have this freedom of different looks.

that's why I believe this massive castle will work, by adding it they will get more play time on their custom form and not just jumping into replaying the game for their ++
Back to top Go down
CIB
River
CIB

PostSubject: Re: Updated 3/27/2010 Working Playable / Castle F1/ Bridge map / Grass land / Forest Pass / world map / Final Boss   final - Updated 3/27/2010  Working Playable / Castle F1/ Bridge map / Grass land / Forest Pass / world map / Final Boss I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 10:30 pm

Sounds arguable/extremely annoying for someone who hasn't unlocked a ++ class yet.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Small Stream

PostSubject: Re: Updated 3/27/2010 Working Playable / Castle F1/ Bridge map / Grass land / Forest Pass / world map / Final Boss   final - Updated 3/27/2010  Working Playable / Castle F1/ Bridge map / Grass land / Forest Pass / world map / Final Boss I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 5:13 am

It would boost the amount of time to finish the game I agree; however, my suggestions would promp more interaction with your high level character. While it would be a longer journy to ++ I feel that the reward would worth the effort.

I've just finished the game yet again and obtained my ++ class. while I agree it was a long trip I was saddened by how short the jump from my Icon to the reset back to 1 was.

We need more end game content and while I know it is an honor to walk in the foot steps of the older coders for this game I'm sure our host would agree that it is time to make their own path...that others may one day follow them.

this expand could prompt many things. This castle with its 13 stages of content (when finished) will be in itself its own world and new adventure mayhaps even its own bridge to a whole different era for the game. Just as the underworld was added followed by the moon and core, why not a door way to a different realm in itself.

In my time spent creating these new maps and understanding the abilites of the programs I'm working with (not unlike the hard code of byond) I can conclude that we can take this game beyond just a bases of a older title into its own fantasy story line

granted this is all the future. But with each step toward that goal we would be that much closer towards something amazing
Back to top Go down
Uzakura
Summer Rain
Uzakura

PostSubject: Re: Updated 3/27/2010 Working Playable / Castle F1/ Bridge map / Grass land / Forest Pass / world map / Final Boss   final - Updated 3/27/2010  Working Playable / Castle F1/ Bridge map / Grass land / Forest Pass / world map / Final Boss I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 11:09 pm

Well, if you held to CIB's point, it could be a post-game dungeon AFTER Archimus for additional tomfoolery after its' all over. *shrugs.*

Remember, the problem was that there was nothing to do after Archi (besides PvP) in the first place, so making it an optional dungeon could prove to be useful. (I guess?)

The only forseeable problem I can think of is that, well, there's not much more reward you can get at endgame. GP, Items, or screaming 'for Justice!' would be the only incentive. (Let's face it, Exp is out of the question.) And if you, say, suggested that moar ++ classes are unlocked when you complete the dungeon, that makes FFL a bit less replayable.

Your move? ._.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Small Stream

PostSubject: Re: Updated 3/27/2010 Working Playable / Castle F1/ Bridge map / Grass land / Forest Pass / world map / Final Boss   final - Updated 3/27/2010  Working Playable / Castle F1/ Bridge map / Grass land / Forest Pass / world map / Final Boss I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 4:40 am

Even in P2P MMORPGS the endgame content must be kept up to date else it falls apart and people stop playing after awhile. My suggestion is expanding the game to allow a longer journey from point A - B.

If the problem of being Max level and being forced to do another dungeon before Archimus is your main objection then why not expand how long it takes to reach 99. as well as boosting how powerful all of the bosses are in game.

I mean, This is an MMO and even tho people are allowed to duel key why not make it impossable for bosses to be soloed, meaning that they will need more team work in order to obtain that icon / best gear and or ++ class.

harder bosses and longer level grinds would boost team work. On a side note for the pvp aspect of the game how about adding pvp only gear which can only be bought with points aquired points from pvping other I.P addressed players (so you can't duel key yourself)

P.S

This really is not that hard of a project also, if your worried about the amount of time that it will take. While I don't code byond I did make all the maps so far by hand as well as the icon that walks around in it and even made its playable version that is posted for testing in under a week. Believe me if I could I would just make it all solo on byond and just have you guys play through it and deside for yourself ^_^ but I'm not trained in dream maker and I would like help being this is not my game. I'm just a fan that would love to see new content
Back to top Go down
Nielz
Admin
Nielz

PostSubject: Re: Updated 3/27/2010 Working Playable / Castle F1/ Bridge map / Grass land / Forest Pass / world map / Final Boss   final - Updated 3/27/2010  Working Playable / Castle F1/ Bridge map / Grass land / Forest Pass / world map / Final Boss I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 11:39 am

Angel wrote:
I mean, This is an MMO

This isn't MMO, the first M stands for 'Massively', and FFL is hardly massively multiplayer. Razz

Angel wrote:
why not make it impossible for bosses to be soloed

Not everyone likes to wait and stand around for (an) hour(s) until a potential teammate comes by.
Back to top Go down
https://legacygame.forumotion.net
Angel
Small Stream

PostSubject: Re: Updated 3/27/2010 Working Playable / Castle F1/ Bridge map / Grass land / Forest Pass / world map / Final Boss   final - Updated 3/27/2010  Working Playable / Castle F1/ Bridge map / Grass land / Forest Pass / world map / Final Boss I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 7:04 pm

I'll agree on those aspects that the game is indeed not as known as other titles as byond is a smaller gaming site. Still even if you do not want to make the bosses harder, when expanding the game what are your thoughts of boosting the amount of exp required to reach level 99 ?
Back to top Go down
Nielz
Admin
Nielz

PostSubject: Re: Updated 3/27/2010 Working Playable / Castle F1/ Bridge map / Grass land / Forest Pass / world map / Final Boss   final - Updated 3/27/2010  Working Playable / Castle F1/ Bridge map / Grass land / Forest Pass / world map / Final Boss I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 10:50 pm

Getting to level 99 already requires a lot of extra grinding after completing the main story line, so for now, we don't need to worry about the exp for reaching level 99 being too low, if we were to expand the game further.
Back to top Go down
https://legacygame.forumotion.net
Arten
Summer Rain
Arten

PostSubject: Re: Updated 3/27/2010 Working Playable / Castle F1/ Bridge map / Grass land / Forest Pass / world map / Final Boss   final - Updated 3/27/2010  Working Playable / Castle F1/ Bridge map / Grass land / Forest Pass / world map / Final Boss I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 10:51 pm

If additional content was going to be added wouldn't it be simplier to just increase the maximum level? If the maximum just stays at 99 and you make it harder to reach that level alot of the later content would be alot harder.
Back to top Go down
fox
River
fox

PostSubject: Re: Updated 3/27/2010 Working Playable / Castle F1/ Bridge map / Grass land / Forest Pass / world map / Final Boss   final - Updated 3/27/2010  Working Playable / Castle F1/ Bridge map / Grass land / Forest Pass / world map / Final Boss I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 10:35 am

that would give some level 99s i know a reason not to sit around baron/kaipo all day (and i don't mean mods or GMs)

but this final fantasy after all, not star ocean. maybe if you made zeromus easier so we can fight it at lower levels and add extra stuff...

knows he's gonna be ignored
Back to top Go down
http://kakashimitsu.wapka.mobi
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Updated 3/27/2010 Working Playable / Castle F1/ Bridge map / Grass land / Forest Pass / world map / Final Boss   final - Updated 3/27/2010  Working Playable / Castle F1/ Bridge map / Grass land / Forest Pass / world map / Final Boss I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Updated 3/27/2010 Working Playable / Castle F1/ Bridge map / Grass land / Forest Pass / world map / Final Boss
Page 1 of 1