Legacy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legacy Forum

A forum dedicated to the BYOND game Legacy

HomeFFL HUBPortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Final Fantasy 6 HD Sprite project

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Halkel
Halkel

Final Fantasy 6 HD Sprite project Empty
PostSubject: Final Fantasy 6 HD Sprite project   Final Fantasy 6 HD Sprite project I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 10:44 pm

Seperate Project from my Icons, Here's me spriting every main, Supporting and Enemy character sprites in beautiful Higher Definition. So far This is what i got:

Final Fantasy 6 HD Sprite project FF6HD

Some may have some Shading changes however. Left is the Original, Right is the HD. How does it look to you guys?
Back to top Go down
http://halkeldathunderhog.sheezyart.com
Saro
Summer Rain
Saro

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 6 HD Sprite project   Final Fantasy 6 HD Sprite project I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 7:09 am

I like the original ones better. They redid all of the icons for FFTHG, and well... you know how that turned out.
Back to top Go down
Halkel
Halkel

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 6 HD Sprite project   Final Fantasy 6 HD Sprite project I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 10:48 am

That's called Downgrading Saro, I'll take that as in insult because I'm not the iconner of FFTHG. If you want better proof of better quality, Look at FF1 and it's remakes through the years of which i'm studying from. I'm still on stage one, Stage two is where the HD Shading comes in. Please do not upset me again with comparisons to other peoples work, Just because one fails doesn't mean someone elses will end up the same way.
Back to top Go down
Saro
Summer Rain
Saro

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 6 HD Sprite project   Final Fantasy 6 HD Sprite project I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 10:13 pm

What else am I supposed to say? If you only wanted positive comments, you should have said so. "How does it look?" is kind of an open question. Maybe you should rephrase it to "Reply if you like it, don't reply if you don't".
Back to top Go down
Halkel
Halkel

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 6 HD Sprite project   Final Fantasy 6 HD Sprite project I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 7:01 am

Saying your opinion is alright, but comparing it to someone elses i won't accept, mainly because I'm not the same person. Don't you think that was going a bit too far. You made it sound like it's as bad as theirs. I accept opinions. Why do you think i said "what do you think guys"? To hear opinions, not a comparison on someone elses attempt. Next time you wanna have a say, just tell me where to "Improve" and/or if you like it. Comparing with someone elses work is stupid as it can either be better or worse then it, and it discriminates the iconner who's got the worse.

Besides unlike FFTHG, what I did was called *Remastering*, or starting from scratch to recreate a sprite in another style. So feedback and ideas to "Improve" would of been better. As i said before, I'm still in Stage 1, which uses the same pallette, I'm moving to Stage 2 to add the HD pallette, making it look much better. It is my first time on HD so I'm studying HD sprites to get the basic idea on how it works.
Back to top Go down
Saro
Summer Rain
Saro

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 6 HD Sprite project   Final Fantasy 6 HD Sprite project I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 7:05 am

I wasn't trying to say that what you made was necessarily bad... I thought you were intending on using them for a game or something, in which case I'm trying to say, why go through all that work? Taking fangames out of the equation, they look just fine (if maybe a bit skinny). And that's my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Halkel
Halkel

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 6 HD Sprite project   Final Fantasy 6 HD Sprite project I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 7:19 am

I got my own style of sprite for my own games, I'm just doing this to let time fly mainly. That and to test my skills.
Back to top Go down
Nielz
Admin
Nielz

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 6 HD Sprite project   Final Fantasy 6 HD Sprite project I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 3:50 pm

Saro wrote:
I like the original ones better. They redid all of the icons for FFTHG, and well... you know how that turned out.
The monk in FFTHG is fat, lol.
Back to top Go down
https://legacygame.forumotion.net
Halkel
Halkel

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 6 HD Sprite project   Final Fantasy 6 HD Sprite project I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 3:04 am

O Snap, Actual Update Triggered. More Characters in WIP, but the 3 shown are HDified:
Final Fantasy 6 HD Sprite project FF6HD3

Current Known Flaws on this sheet: Edgar's Hair may be a bit too dark, Lighter Pallette next Update maybe.

Changes from before: Terra's Hips and Chest is smaller now, They were a bit too big.
The Actual HD Sprites made.

Newcomers:
Final Fantasy 6 HD Sprite project FF6HDWIP

Known Flaws: Shading on Sabin maybe, Mog does seem abit off and maybe more work needed on Cyan and/or Shadow

Notification on other unmentioned Flaws accepted. Can't get better otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 6 HD Sprite project   Final Fantasy 6 HD Sprite project I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy 6 HD Sprite project
Page 1 of 1